Chapter 15

Chase was still watching the game, but not really paying attention to it anymore. His cell phone started ringing. He hoped it would be Leigh, but saw is was Christopher. He answers saying a simple hello, trying to cover up how annoyed he is at his brother.

"Hey man," Christopher says. "Sorry to be calling you so late. I have been trying to get in touch with Leigh, and she's not answering her phone. Do you have any idea where she is? I just want to make sure that she is ok since it's late, and she's not answering."

Chase thinks about it for a minute. He decides it's time to piss his brother off for blowing Leigh off tonight. Let's see just how far I can push Christopher before he explodes, Chase thinks to himself. "Yeah, I know where she is. She just got in the shower," Chase said sarcastically.

"Ok, and do you mind telling me just how the fuck you know that this time of night," Christopher says obviously pissed at Chase.

"Yeah I do mind actually, but I will tell you anyway asshole," Chase says.

"She's in the shower because I just spilled beer all over her shirt, and she was soaked. She looked great in that wet t-shirt clinging to her in all the right places by the way. Then she went home to get out of those clothes and take a shower. Might explain why she's not answering her phone."

"I could go over there and knock on her door for you and check. Do you think she would answer the door all wet in just a towel?" Chase asked sounding excited. Yep, that should just about do it, Chase says to himself.

"Chase I told you not to pursue Leigh and you promised you wouldn't," Christopher says loudly.

"Yeah you did and I haven't. The thing is, is that I don't have to pursue her big brother. You are doing all of the work for me," Chase says sarcastically.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Christopher asks.

"Well, she sat at home for most of the evening waiting for your sorry ass to call her as you promised her you would. When she finally got tired of waiting on you, she came over to see me. So thanks a lot," Chase says with a smirk. "You helped her make the decision to come over and hang out with me tonight. I didn't have to do anything at all to persuade her," Chase says.

"Chase you need to cut this shit out, this is not some sort of fucking game. Stop trying to come between Leigh and I."

"I'm not trying to come between you and Leigh. You're fucking that up all on your own," Chase yells.

"By the way, Leigh accidentally told me today that you had a problem with me going over there for dinner last night at her place. Well too damn bad," Chase says. "If she invites me over again I'm going to go whether you like it or not. You chose to leave, and you can't expect her to sit at home alone waiting on you to call every night."

"I don't expect that. I had to work late," he says. "I would explain it all to her if she would just pick up the phone," Christopher says.

"Whatever, I don't give a damn what you had to do. You told her you would call and you didn't. Next time at least send her a text to let her know your running late. She even thought you might be blowing her off because she had dinner with me. You need to get the fuck over whatever issue you have with Leigh and I hanging out together because that is not going to change. I will not let her sit over there and wait on you night after night. You get that?" Chase asks.

"Yeah I get it," Christopher replies.

"I'm sure when she gets out of the shower she will see you called and call you back. Personally, if I thought someone blew me off, fuck if I would call the prick back. We both know that Leigh is not that type of person, so why don't you go sit by the phone and wait for her to call you back. That way you can see how it feels asshole," Chase says as he hangs up on his brother.

Thanks so much for reading my book!
Please vote, and post comments to let me know what you think!
Keep going to the next chapter!