Chapter 38

Chase had been looking forward to this dinner since Harrison had suggested it. Even though he knew it wasn't a real double date, to him it kind of felt like one.

Yeah, he and Leigh were just trying to help Harrison & Jayden get to know each other, but they still got to spend time together too. Chase preferred to spend time alone with Leigh, but he enjoyed any time that he got to spend with her.

Now he was also going to have to deal with Jackson all night, and pretend like he didn't mind him inviting himself over. Technically Leigh invited him, but he made sure to say all the right things to make her do it.

Leigh is such a nice and caring person that she never saw him manipulate her into asking him to join them. Hearing a knock at the door Chase opened it to find Harrison with his hands full.

"Hey man, what are you doing here so early?" Chase asks.

"Well, I thought I would get here a little early to help you start up the grill and drink a few of these Harrison says, handing him a six-pack. Plus I'm a little nervous so I thought if we hung out for a while before the girls got here I would relax."

"Sounds good, Chase says laughing. So you really like this girl huh?"

"Yeah man, she's great. I mean obviously, she's beautiful. She's funny too, and we have a lot in common. I just don't want to screw this up. I'm tired of the one-night stands. I want to find someone that I could settle down with."

"And you think that is Jayden?" Chase asks curiously.

"I don't know yet, but I want to give it a chance and see where it goes," Harrison says.

"I hear ya man. Not my kinda thing, but I get what you are saying," Chase says.

"Yeah, I know you are never going to settle down. Always going to be playing the field right," Harrison says sarcastically. "I think if a certain lady across the hall was available you might have a change of heart."

"Whatever, that is never going to happen no matter how much I want her," Chase says sadly. "Speaking of Leigh we have to talk about tonight before they get here."

"Why what's wrong? Do you think Jayden has changed her mind about spending time with me?" he asks worriedly.

"No that's not it," Chase says smiling at his love-struck friend. "We are going to be having another person here for dinner with us."

"What? Who?" Harrison asks.

"Come on man let's head out to the grill, and I will tell you all about it. Bring the beer because I'm definitely going to need those tonight," Chase says going out onto the balcony.

"So let me get this straight they dated in high school behind her brother's back, he cheated on her, and has continued to try to get her back for years? Now he is coming here to be your boss, and will continue to try to get Leigh back while he is here I'm sure," Harrison says.

"Yep, he spent all day with her today looking for an apartment. Now he gets to have dinner with her tonight," Chase says.

"Well at least he will be here, and not alone with her," Harrison says.

"Yeah, but he was flirting with her right in front of me yesterday. I don't think he cares if we are here," Chase says.

"Well, we will just have to keep him busy while he is here then. If you see that he is trying to be alone with Leigh interrupt them. Ask him questions about himself to keep him talking, and not focusing on her. Hell, we can even have him over for a game night, and do some male bonding with the guy," Harrison says laughing.