Chapter 25

On his way back to set Chase called his buddy Harrison. Chase and Harrison had gone to high school together, and Harrison now owned a local auto shop.

He was the only person who Chase trusted to work on his car. Harrison helped him restore it back when Chase bought it. Harrison agreed to give the Mustang a tune-up and told Chase to drop it off after work.

When Chase dropped off the car Harrison said he would need to leave it with him for a few days. Chase reluctantly agreed saying he could drive Christopher's car.

Harrison offered to drive Chase back to the apartment. They stopped for a beer next door to the shop first to catch up. "So how's the acting thing working out for you?" Harrison asks.

"It's going pretty good. I was set in New York with the play I was doing, but it wrapped up. My agent talked me into doing this movie which happened to be filming here for a few months."

"So you're staying with Christopher while you're here then?" Harrison asks.

"I'm staying at his place, but he is in New York working right now staying at my place."

"Well, that worked out pretty good for both of you then. I thought Christopher had a girlfriend though. Did they break up?" Harrison asks.

"No, they are going to try the whole long-distance thing for now while Christopher sees if he can be successful in New York," Chase says.

"So do you think he will come back or have we lost him to New York too?" Harrison asks.

"I think he is going to find a lot of work in New York, and won't need to come back here to work. I'm not sure if he is willing to leave Leigh for New York forever," he says.

"Yeah, I met her at your sister's wedding. They also came by one day to drop Christopher's car off for an oil change. She seemed pretty great, and Christopher is obviously into her. I'm surprised he left her," he says.

"He didn't want to. He just knew that if he didn't take the chance to see if he could make it in New York he would regret it. He's hoping that maybe Leigh might move there with him one day," he says.

"Do you think she would ever do that?" Harrison asks.

"I don't know," Chase says.

"She lives right next door to Christopher, so I have been spending a little time with her since I have been here," he says.

"Oh really," Harrison says sarcastically.

"Shut up, not like that," Chase says.

"I've just gotten to know her a little better since I have been here. I didn't get to spend much time with her at the wedding, so I wanted to get to know this girl that my brother is crazy about," Chase says.

"And?" Harrison asks.

"Actually she's great, we have a lot in common, and get along really well," he says.

"Sounds like you really like her," Harrison says hesitantly.

"Yeah I do," Chase says.

"I know she's my brothers' girl, so I know we can only be friends. If the situations were reversed, and I was Christopher I don't know if I could have left her here," he says. "Anyway, she just started her job here this year, which she moved here from California for. I don't think she is willing to move to New York right now."

"So they are technically still dating, but living in two different states?" Harrison asks.

"Yep," Chase says.

"That's got to suck," he says.

"Yep," Chase says again.

"So in the meantime, you are here with her and crazy about her too, but can't have her?" Harrison says.

"Yep," Chase says once more automatically.

"Wait, what did you just say?" Chase asks.

"You heard me," Harrison says grinning.

Chase realizes what he just admitted to. "Is it that obvious?" Chase asks.

"Yep," Harrison says laughing. "Come on lover boy I will take you home," he says.

As they approach Christopher's building Harrison says "I should have your car done by the end of the week."

"No problem man, just give me a call when it's ready," Chase says.

"Sweet Jesus!" Harrison blurts out.

Chase turns to look at him to see what is wrong with him. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Chase asks. He looks in the direction that Harrison is staring, and sees Leigh on the sidewalk in her tight running outfit stretching.

She must have just finished her run because she is sweaty. It makes her look even more sexy than usual. Chase has to snap his fingers in front of Harrison's face to break him out of his lust-filled trance.

Leigh waves at them, as she heads over to the car. Chase is getting out of the car as she approaches them. "Hey guys," Leigh says.

Harrison is still staring and looks like he is about to have a heart attack right there in the car. Especially as Leigh leans forward into the passenger window, and says, "Make sure you take special care of Chase's car Harrison."

That's my girl, always looking out for me, Chase thinks to himself. Harrison manages to close his mouth right before the drool starts to run down his face, "Will do Leigh," he finally manages to say.

"Ok see you guys later," Leigh says as she heads into the building.

"Good god man. How do you manage to live next door to her, and not jump her bones every time you are around her?" he asks.

"You have no idea how hard it is not to. She is perfect for me in every way, and I can't have her," he says.

"Yeah I think I'm gonna have to go home and take a cold shower after seeing her in that outfit," Harrison says.

"Dude that is not something I want to hear about," Chase says laughing.

"Just be careful with her man. You don't want to get to attached to someone you can't be with," he says.

"I'm trying man, but I think it might be too late for that now. Feel free to come over anytime to hang out, and try to help me keep my mind off of her," he says.

"Hanging out with me ain't going to get your mind off of her, but I will take you up on the offer though. I have missed hanging out with you since you have been gone," he says.

"Me too man," Chase says.

"See you by the end of the week," Harrison says as he drives away.

Thanks so much for reading my book! Please vote, and post comments to let me know what you think!
Keeping going to the next chapter!