Chapter 21

"By the end of the week, Wyatt finally came around to the idea of us dating. He told me that he had overreacted, and he was just trying to protect me."

"I called Jackson to tell him the good news. I figured he would want to get together that night. He didn't answer, so I left him a message."

"While I had been sneaking around with Jackson, I had not been spending much time with my friends. My friend Gina called and asked me to go to a party with her that night. I had still not heard back from Jackson, so I decided to go with her."

"When I got to her house to pick her up, she opened the door she said, 'Thank god you're here. I am so ready to get out of here.' I asked her what was wrong."

"She said her slut of a sister had been in her room having sex with some guy for over an hour. They were already going at it when she got home, so she had to listen to it while she got ready for the party. Apparently, they had finished though because the moans and screams had stopped."

"The coffee table was covered in beer bottles. I told her it looked like sister had been having a party of her own that night."

"Just as we were about to walk out the door Jackson came walking out of her sister's bedroom. When he saw me he froze. I ran out of the house, and almost made it to my car before he caught up with me."

"He started telling me how sorry he was. He said that he had gone over there with some friends. Then he had too much to drink because he was upset about us not being able to be together. He said he must have passed out, and then his friend just left him there."

"He woke up to her kissing him. At first, he pushed her away but then gave in because he didn't think Wyatt would ever let us be together. He said it was just sex, and that she didn't mean anything to him."

"I was so devastated that he could be with someone else only a week after we had almost been together. Had I ever really meant anything to him?"

"I yelled at him thru my tears that I left him a message earlier that Wyatt said that we could date," but he never called me back.

"Jackson closed his eyes, and a look of pain crossed his face. I realized at that moment that when I called him, he was already here with her. He never even saw that I called."

"Then I told him that should have listed to my brother, and I never wanted to see him again. I got in my car and drove away, leaving him standing there."

"Gina called me on my way home to check on me. Obviously, she had heard the whole fight between us, so I told her not to tell anyone. She had no idea that it was Jackson in there with her sister."

"When I got home my brother was there, and he could tell I had been crying. He asked me what was wrong. I figured it was best not to lie to him after how he reacted to me lying to him before."

"When he found out what Jackson had done he was furious. He hugged me and told me how sorry he was. Then he grabbed his keys, and said he would be back in a while."

"Please tell me you let him go kick Jackson's ass?" Chase asks angrily.

"No, I stopped him from going to find him," Leigh says sighing.

"I told him I was humiliated enough. I wanted to try to keep people from finding out what had happened. He stayed with me for the rest of the night."

"Jackson called multiple times. Since I didn't answer he left me a bunch of messages. I spent hours crying in my bed listening to them. When I didn't return any of his calls, he started texting me telling me that he loved me, and to please forgive him."

"Wyatt never did lay a hand on him since I asked him not to. We both just avoided Jackson which was hard, but Wyatt made sure Jackson never got anywhere near me."

"The school year was almost over anyway when all of this happened, so luckily this didn't have to go on for too long. That was until the night of Wyatt  and Jackson's graduation."

Thanks so much for reading my book. Please vote, and post comments to let me know what you think!
Keep going to the next chapter!