Chapter 11

"Should I go change my outfit before we go to your parents to pick up your car?" Leigh asks looking down at her outfit.

"Of course not you look great just the way you are," Chase says laughing.

"Well I just want them to like me, and make a good impression," Leigh says.

"Trust me they love you. My mom even insisted that I bring you with me when I go over there for family dinner night," Chase says.

"Oh really? So when were you planning on telling me about these dinner plans," Leigh asks.

"Well I just hadn't found the right way to ask you yet to keep you from saying no," Chase said smiling shyly. Leigh gives Chase another we'll see answer, and he thinks to himself I can work with that.

"Let's just go get your car so I don't have to keep being your personal driver," Leigh says sarcastically.

"So can I drive to my parent's house," Chase asks.

"No, Mr. New Yorker who doesn't need to drive anymore because I take the subway or a taxi. You can refresh your driving skills in your own car, not my brand new Volvo," Leigh says smiling at her car.

Leigh gets in the car in the driver's seat, and Chase jumps in the back. He starts to tell her the address of his parent's house as if she is his driver. She turns around, looks at him then says, "Get your ass in the front pretty boy. This ain't New York City, and I am not a taxi driver."

"Oh sorry, some habits are hard to break," Chase says laughing as he jumps out of the back and into the front seat of the car. "This may not be New York, but you sure do sound like some of the taxi drivers there with that attitude," Chase says. She rolls her eyes at him and flips him off. "Yep, just like home you would fit right in," Chase says laughing.

Chase had hoped that they could go by his parent's house pick up his car and leave without being noticed. No such luck. His mother must have some kind of radar on him or something. As soon as they pulled up into the driveway his mom came out the door. When they made it to the front steps, she greeted them both with hugs. "Hello, Leigh it's so nice to see you again," Sylvia Camden says to Leigh.

She turns to Chase and says, "Hello darling I thought you might come by today to pick up your car. I cleared my schedule to make sure I was here when you came by. We thought we might hear from you yesterday when you got into town." Sylvia looked at Chase with a worried expression.

"Sorry, mom I was just tired. I got a little sleep after I got here, and then Leigh was nice enough to invite me over for dinner. I figured I would see you today anyway. So where is dear old dad?" Chase asked.

"He is at the club, but he should be home soon," Sylvia says. "Leigh thank you so much for taking care of my baby boys," Sylvia says. "I know neither one of them knows much about cooking other than picking up the phone to order take out. I tried to teach them to cook when they were younger. Hanging out in the kitchen with their mom never seemed to appeal to them."

"That's not true mom," Chase says. "Whenever you baked cookies Christopher and I would spend hours in the kitchen with you."

"Yeah and you two would eat most of the cookies before we were done," Sylvia says laughing.

"It's no problem at all Mrs. Camden. I love cooking and enjoy sharing what I make with someone. Since I live alone I eat by myself a lot, so it's nice to have someone there with me every now and then," Leigh says.