Chapter 8

At 6:00 sharp Chase was knocking on Leigh's door. She was right his brother really had nothing to eat in his kitchen, so he was thankful Leigh had invited him over even more. He would have to make a trip to the store to stock up on supplies. He did find a bottle of wine in the fridge, so he had grabbed it on the way out the door.

Leigh opened the door, and her heart fluttered. She was really going to have to get used to being around Chase, and not seeing Christopher. "Hey," she says, "I'm so glad you could make it." She motions for him to come on in, and to take a seat at the table. She already had everything set up, lasagna, garlic bread, and salad.

"It smells delicious," Chase says suddenly realizing just how hungry he was. She came back to the table handing him a corkscrew for the wine. As he filled their wine glasses, she fixed their plates, giving Chase a big helping of lasagna.

As soon as he took a bite, he thought it was the best thing he had ever tasted.

"This is amazing Leigh."

"Thanks. It's one of my favorite things to cook, but it's too much for one person to eat so I am glad I have someone here to share it with."

"Well if you have any other recipes that you would like to try out in the future just call me, I'm your guy."

"I will keep that in mind," Leigh says smiling.

"I eat a lot of take out in New York, being a single guy and all," Chase says. "This is great to eat a home-cooked meal with a beautiful woman."

"Thanks I really do love to cook, so we will definitely do this again sometime."

That's exactly what Chase wanted to hear.

"By the way did you get any rest?"

"A little, but I tossed and turned for a while. I guess I will have to get used to Christopher's bed. Plus, it doesn't help thinking about what has gone on in or who had been in that bed with Christopher."

At that thought, Leigh got a disgusted look on her face, and said "Well I can't help you there so you'll have to ask your brother about that one."

Good to know, Chase thought. At least now he has a better chance of getting a good night's sleep tonight.

"Sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you by bringing up you and Christopher being intimate," Chase said.

"Nothing has happened to be embarrassed about trust me," she says.

"You are joking right," Chase says. "Are you saying that you and Christopher have never..."

"Look not that it is any of your business, but no we haven't. Yeah, we have made out and come close many times, but we have never had sex. We were just friends for a while and had only recently started to take things to the next level. Now he's gone."

"He's not gone forever. You could go visit him anytime you want," Chase says.

"Probably not gonna happen with my work schedule, but whatever. Can we please talk about something other than Christopher?" Leigh says.

"Gladly, Chase says so what do you want to talk about?"

"You of course," she says.

He smiles and says, "Alright that's my favorite subject."

She laughs, and says "Figures."

"So what do you want to know?" he says.

"Well let's see, I thought you said you didn't want to come back to Atlanta to work."