Chapter 40

Chase notices when Leigh comes back in from the balcony she is quite.

"Everything ok?" Chase asks.

"Yeah, but you know how he feels about this whole situation," she says.

"So he knows you are here, and that Jackson is here too?"

"I am not going to keep things from him. I called him this afternoon and told him about the plans. He was just calling to say good night because he has to get up early in the morning," she says.

They go back into the living room to join everyone else.

Chase decided to send Christopher a text.

"Relax big brother. Everything is fine. I have everything under control here. Trust me I am keeping a close eye on this guy. He actually seems ok for now."

Christopher replies, "Do I think he wants Leigh back?"

"Of course he does. Who wouldn't? I don't think he is going to be an asshole about it though. It seems like he just wants to fix their relationship as much as they can."

Christopher replies, "Thanks, Chase. I just don't want him to take advantage of her. She is so nice and tries to see the good in everyone. I don't want him to manipulate her. Is she upset now after we talked a few minutes ago?"

"Not upset just quite. She is dealing with a lot right now. You left, the new hot neighbor next door, and now Jackson being here. Just try to go easy on her ok."

Christopher replies, "Gotcha, thanks, Chase. I love you, little brother."

"Love you too big brother. Oh, and she made me a chocolate cake for dessert."

Christopher replies, "I take it back I hate you, man."

A few minutes later Leigh's phone lights up, and she reads a text smiling.

She replies and looks over at Chase. Looking back at her phone she types out another text and sends it.

Within seconds Chase's phone lights up beside him. He sees that he has a text from Leigh. Opening the text he looks across the room at Leigh smiling.

"Thank you for talking to Christopher. You are the best Chase. I am so glad that you are here. Since you have to share the cake I promise to make you your own dessert tomorrow. Any requests?"

Chase replies, "Ice cream sundaes come to mind." Leigh giggles as she reads Chase's text.

"Are you sexting over there Leigh?" Jayden asks.

"Oh my god Jayden hush," Leigh says embarrassed.

During the movie, Chase wishes that it was just him and Leigh watching the movie alone cuddled up together on the sofa. Instead, he has to settle for stealing glances at her across the room, hoping everyone can't see how crazy he is about her.

After the movie ends Jackson says, "I better get going. I have to go in early to meet with the execs before I head into the studio to meet the rest of the cast and crew. Thanks again for letting me crash your plans tonight. I will see you tomorrow at work Chase. Hopefully, I will see you, two ladies, at lunch tomorrow," he says.

Everyone tells Jackson goodbye. He gives Leigh a hug, and then he is gone.

"Alright let me have it. What did you guys think of Jackson?" Leigh asks.