Bonus chapter: "Zain and Zeenat"

Start from the beginning

While Zeenat continues to work along with her husband and now studying business helps her to look for more opportunities their restaurant can excess in. In the afternoon she comes back with Amaal to stay with her and help her through her homework while she works on her studies. At night, and most of the nights they all cook food together and eat it.

One missing person being his mother who passed away two years ago.

It was devastating.

She always looked at her for help and whenever she lost her way but then she had to send her away from where she can never reach her. Though this time she dealt with pain better and was able to hold Zain up. Those were a hard time because she had never seen Zain breaking down and he was breaking down badly.

In the end, he is a human too.

He wasn't perfect. She realises that time to time she had to give him space and talk to him rather always fill him with to do work or problems. She just needs to sit down with a cup of tea and listen to him just like he always listen to him.

She didn't realise that until his mother went away. From then on, she made it a routine to always listen to him and no matter how busy their lives are and how many responsibilities are there to look at. She always stops and sits down with him to just talk.

And talking is essential.

She heard the door opening and her last assignment is eating her brain off though she still wants to complete it because she had always dreamed of it. She turns to find her husband standing there with a small smile of adoration as he holds two cups of coffee in his hands. He walks towards her passing her the cup sitting beside her.

"You should be sleeping". She mumbles as she takes the sip from her cup

He hummed, "I could have but I wanted to be with you".

She smiles as she looks at his sleepy eyes knowing he will sleep any given moment now. As she starts to write her assignment after feeling refreshed and the time passes as she was ready to submit she heard a light snores. She turns to her husband who was laying on the carpet sleeping. She had to say she never thought someone could look good simply sleeping but she loves every action of his.

She brushes his hair as she whispers, "I love you".

It took her time- a lot of time to clearly understand what love was. She never had heard of it and most love was manipulating around her. Like people telling her that if she loves her husband she should give him a child and not burden him with just someone else child. These talks mostly started after his mother passed away and she realises that she needs to stay away from this toxicity. Because the more she stayed the more they made her feel worthless. Anything that makes you feel worthless is not worth it.

Also, she realises that their house affairs and their relationship understanding are between them and no one has rights in it or to objectify their decisions. Unwanted and extra involvement of anyone in someone else house will only cause disaster.

She sent her last email ending her semester for good.

She looks at her husband shaking him as she opens his eyes a little looking at her. He pulls her beside him wrapping his arms tightly around her. While he was on the carpet she was on top of him knowing he wouldn't let her be on the floor because her body aches.

"Sleep, Jaan. Stop with the thinking". He mumbles massaging her head, "I am proud that you are done with your studies but please rest now". (My life)

She places a hand under her chin looking at him grinning, "You gave me coffee now I can't sleep".

He chuckles, "What are you thinking about?". He asked opening his eyes as his hand caress her cheeks