9.1:"Second choice"

"You will marry him". Were the sentence that changed her life yet again

It wasn't a choice, no, she was never given a choice in her life. Like a month ago, her sister ran away from her own marriage to some rich guy that her parents had selected for her. Leaving her, to be the victim of yet another misdeed of her.

Her life changed, from her parents barely interested in her life choices to choosing everything. At least, she had a liberty to wear what she wanted, freely move around and study what she liked. She is an 18-years-old and her final exam where in five months from now.

Her namesake husband doesn't like her neither does she.

He was a new torment she had to bear for the rest of her life. They lived in their own house so she was content that she doesn't have to act behind the closed door. It was already unbearable being out with him and since he was the rich guy it was even harder.

Anyway, she hadn't informed anyone besides her friend who had been with her since ages about the whole chaos only to be slapped for being stupid and jumping into saving her parents who never cared for her. They never cared for anything but their money and to be able to make more which the rich guy will help them with.

"So, how is to be back after a month?". Her friend - Riva asked

She sighs, "I just wish to end this year quietly".

"Cheer up, Safa, I am here with you". Riva said holding her hand dragging her to her class

She was done with her classes and by the end of her she had tons of work and no will do it. She wasn't interested in studying she had to do it because her parents will have her head otherwise. She walked towards the one class she loves to stay at.

Art.

She had been into it since she was young. She would draw random pictures at first she was not that good but by the time she improved and now she has her collection of drawings.

"Isn't it my only favourite student". Her teacher- Hassan said smiling

He was a man in his late 30s but he was just as passionate about his work as her.

"Yeah, it's me. I wanted to know if there were any replies?". She asked nervously

Hassan chuckles, "You know, you will have the reply any day now and still, you ask me. But, the question is, will you do it?".

Hassan knew barely about her family involvement and their controlling behaviour towards her. She didn't reply instead choose to head back home before a disaster strike. She wasn't in the mood to have a session with anyone today. The question Hassan asked had ruined her mood and her strength was gone.

"Where are you coming from?". She heard her father angry voice

She looked at him scared, "School?".

"You are late. I think I taught you to be punctual". Her father seethe in anger

She stepped back scared of being hit by him, "Sorry".

"You are lucky you are not in my house". Her father said

He was about to say something more when he saw Mahr (her husband) walking downstairs towards them.

"We will confirm the deal tomorrow". He said nonchalantly

Her father nodded as they speak some more she decided to walk away since business never appeals to her. Art, however, was a different story. She can draw at any given time. She is in love with art. It brings her life a little light each time she draws something.