8.3:"Living....Loving"

She heard the emergency call for her and rushed towards the room only to be devastated. Once again, he laid there in his own blood fighting his life.

"Doctor, we need to operate on him". Her colleague said

She was quick in action because this time she wasn't just saying a mother's son she was saving her own husband.

After hours on surgery, each passing minute causing her heart to stop a little she was able to save his life. But, he was in a coma. She walked outside informing his family about him who was just as broken as her.

She checked on Anabia after her successful surgery and now she had to send her son to his surgery on her own. She wanted that support from her husband but now she was on her own trying to handle three lives.

Month, that's how long he was asleep for. He hadn't shown any signs of waking anytime soon. Her two children were gaining their health back eventually and her ex-husband was jailed for life. His parents were merciful once they found the culprit neither was she.

He had tried to take her husband away from her. She realised after he was gone to his sleep that he had become her habit. Slowly, he started coming inside her heart and her daily schedule. She would look for him as she would enter the children's ward each day.

She would miss him when he wasn't here like she was now. It was a late night and both her children were now sleeping while she was sitting on a small chair holding his hand in her crying.

"I found the ring you went to buy a month ago. It looks beautiful". She said looking at the ring shining in her hand, "I wish you would come back so we can live our lives happily. I miss you every day, Khizar. Do you know when I said the first time we met that I could see something you can't?. It wasn't just simple words, you were a fighter. That day you tired to take your life because you couldn't see things properly you were actually fighting after that. You collapsed more time a normal patient would have, you fought so hard that day. I knew, I had to save you, that you weren't that easy to break. Maybe, for a few seconds, life had just knocked you down hard but you weren't someone who would do that". She cried harder

"Please, Khizar, fight this battle too. If you can hear me now come back to us. Our children and your wife is waiting for you. I love you". She said softly

He was awake.

Just as her words started he heard each and every one of it but he just couldn't open his time. The irony was, the last time he could open his eyes he so badly wanted to close them and now, he wanted to open them to have one look at her beautiful face but he couldn't.

Maybe, this time he was paying for the sin he had committed by his own hands. He had gone against his lord orders to trust him instead he had chosen his own faith. But, he was merciful to grant him a chance and show him a different world.

He cried.

For the first time after everything, he cried silently begging for forgiveness and a chance to live. To rectify everything he had done wrong and to serve his lord by his heart. One chance, to have the love of his life not crying because of her suffering but happy with his family. One chance, to be a father to his children who were asking for him and his parents waiting for him.

Just one chance.

Some are lucky to have one while other are not. To take a life given by someone so powerful will have to face his wrath. To be able to have a chance to beg for his forgiveness is his many ways of showing his generosity.

Khizar had another chance.

He opened his eyes after crying for a long time. Until, he heard no sound and remained nothing but his silent tears. He felt her touch but not being able to provide her with his comfort killed him.