24.3:"Stepping Stones".

"I don't cry". She said blankly

"Why is that?". He asked

"It's a burden. I never wanted my mother to find me crying to be burdened". She explained

"Maybe that's why your fears are growing bigger every day. Crying is a human most important emotion that they shouldn't close down. Try crying your heart once". He said softly, "That is the first thing and I know you are clever enough to find a way through".

She sighs.

He walks away leaving her to think about her plan. She wasn't sure why she was so eager to do this but she wanted to.

"What's with the face?". She heard his voice making her jump in her place

She hit his shoulder and he chuckles, "Aren't you jumpy today".

"Sneaking on people like that can make them jumpy". She said shrugging

"What were you thinking?". He asked smiling

At a time like these, he looks too close to her and she seems so far from him. It seems like he is the one trying while she is hiding behind a wall she isn't allowing him to pass through yet he is somehow breaking that wall.

"Nothing. Just work". She lied

"What about work?". He asked

She closes her eyes at his need to know everything.

"We have a meeting so I was thinking about its preparation". She said

"You don't have to worry about anything. If you need help, I will help". He said

"Would you?". She asked

He nodded enthusiastically, "I would love to do anything".

She nodded, "I will keep that in mind. By the way, I am not apologising for yesterday".

They fought again.

He chuckles, "Your mother?".

She rolls her eyes, "You are lucky you have her on your side".

"You have my mother and sister and now that I look you have my brother-in-law too. It's only fair I have your mother". He argued

"True". She said shortly

"You are agreeing with me?". He asked shocked

She hit his shoulder, "Stop acting. I know you love it that my mother is on your side".

"Well, that is true". He said nodding

She just rolls her eyes.

******
The plan was simple,

She cries in their room so he can see her.

But, it failed.

Why?.

Because she did manage to cry by thinking about everything she faced in her life. But, she cried so much that she hides in the study. She didn't want to be seen by anyone. She wanted to cry her heart out that was one of the things that she had to agree with Ayub.

He walks inside the house greeting the two ladies who seem tensed but he brushes it off. He enters his room looking around but no sign of her. He knows she is inside the house since his guard didn't inform him of any movements.

He had to station more security around her because her ex-fiancee isn't backing down. He had been getting some more threats which he cannot put a name on and isn't sure if he should talk about them with her. Not wanting to unnecessary stress her about it.