33.5:"Shadow"

"Oh! Gul". Sufiyaan said shocked

But she remains still in her place and her eyes travelled to the woman beside him only adding into the pain she was feeling.

It was him.

The one who betrayed her.

The reason for her losing everyone in one night.

Waazi notices the way she turned back in her shell. It didn't take him a second to know who he was to her. For him, Sufiyaan was just his new business partner that too because he had worked with his wife and she wanted to have him in the project too now.

"When did you two get married?". He asked knowing the answer will only make him madder

"About two months ago". Sufiyaan said smiling at his wife

His eyes turned into a blazing fire but then Sufiyaan's wife spoke, "You never told me about any Gul?. She didn't come to our wedding?. Who is she?".

"She wasn't that important I just know her from college". Sufiyaan said breaking her into more pieces

I promise to stay with you forever. I never had anyone in my life as important as you.

Lies. More lies.

"C-". His mother started

But then Sufiyaan's wife phone ring so she went away to attend it.

"You were getting married that's what I last heard. Is he the one?". Sufiyaan asked

She was about to shake her head but she didn't for some reasons.

"It's good that you are married". Sufiyaan said smiling

No one spoke.

"We need to leave, I am sorry". His wife said coming back and the moment she came he hold her hand

Gul gulped down her emotions until they were out of the house saying they will come tomorrow instead. The minute the door closes she fall down on the floor as her legs give up.

"Gul". His mother said coming near her to hold

"He lied to me". She said crying as she broke down, "Everything was a lie".

"Do you want closure with him?". He asked coming back in

She shakes her head, "And hear him saying the words I am already in pain thinking about?. I saw him getting married that night you found me. I ran away from my own wedding which my brothers and father were doing forcefully to one of my bad cousin. I went leaving that wedding to him in hopes that he will fulfil his promise instead I found him marrying someone else".

"You didn't stop or ask him?". He asked confused

"I think I understand from my brothers and father that begging for someone love and pleading them to stop means nothing when they think of you as nothing. I know that moment that he lied and I was nothing but his play-thing". She said crying harder

"Then slap him, hit him, do something. I will stay beside you". He pleaded

She shakes her head, "Why should I?. It will only destroy his house and that girl's life. I am not someone who can bear the aftermath of my revenge".

"But-". He started but she turns around running into her room

He wanted to follow her but his boundaries didn't allow him.

"Leave her alone". His mother said sighing, "I think that was her closure".

He nodded looking at her closed door helplessly hoping that at very least she didn't harm herself as she did in the garden.