5.2:"Undesired"

Adil couldn't allow his mind to rest her face, scared eyes, shaking body and panicked self had his heart on fire.

"We need to go". Adil said looking at his family, "We cannot just sit here and not do anything we need to go see there maybe we can get the hints".

He waited for her door to open and his heart leapt out when she called his name," Adil?".

Her eyes widen as she feared he might tell everyone here about the day and she was lucky enough to be saved but she should have known her luck was never on her side.

"Please, I am sorry for disturbing you or if I ever offended you but don't tell my father about today. Please". She begged as she watched him standing confused and worried

"No, Sophia, we are just here to meet them. I will not tell them anything, I promise". He said softly not wanting to scare her more

"Who is on the door and what is taking so much time?. Father is calling you to serve food". Mariah said as she stands in the door looking outside

Mariah's eyes widen as she looked at Adil and glee filled them.

"Oh, Adil, come in. Why are you standing outside?. It must be because of her she lacks mannerism please ignore her and come in". Mariah said smiling

Adil looked at Sophia who stepped back and walked inside while he followed Mariah inside the house. The house was filled with expensive stuff some of which wasn't even needed to be inside the house.

"Mustafa, what a surprise". Hamid said hugging him

Adil looked at the man who looks like grandfather sitting quietly and sat down on the couch after the greeting. He saw Sophia bringing the juice and was about to go when the grandfather asked her to sit down too.

Adil watched how the older man was looking at Sophia who wasn't even looking at anyone besides the ground. His hands clench unknowingly not liking the way he sees her.

"Who is this?". His father asked looking at the older man, "Your father?".

"Oh, no, no, he is Sophia's husband to be". Her father replied

His heart stopped. While every one of his family looked shocked.

"But isn't he too old for her?. She is young and still studying". His father said controlling his anger

"No, she had been troubling us for all her life and I couldn't control her rebellious personality anymore. This man was generous and offered to marry her and Islam asked us to marry our children early so that is what I am doing". Her father said shrugging nonchalantly

Adil could finally understand what her words meant and somehow he could now see through her sister words.

They were lies.

He saw her hands shaking as he was holding them for comfort. He wanted to do something and shout how this all was nonsense. He wanted to beat this man who was generous to death if he could. He wanted to take her away from here.

The time each minute that passed after that was hard and confusing. Sophia was the only one working and handing food to everyone while Mariah was trying to talk to Adil who wasn't even hearing or looking at her.

"Adil looks grown enough to be married what have you thought for him?". Her stepmother asked

His mother who didn't wish to speak to any of these people because she could identify people well and she knows they have damaged the innocent soul too much shrugged in response to her question.