28.3:"Tangled".

"How can you marry a girl like her?". His mother screamed as they all stand in their lounge

"Ammi-". He started

"Don't even try to say a thing like it doesn't matter because it does". His mother said angrily as she glared at Maria, "She is nothing but sin and she shouldn't have entered in our holy house".

Maria clench her hand on her side.

"Ammi, she is my wife". He said not liking at the way things turn out

"So?. You can divorce her right now. Do it and kick her out of our house". His mother said

He stilled.

"No, he won't do anything like that". His father said angrily, "He is married to her and he will not be doing any such thing".

"But-". His mother started

"It's final. Go to your room". His father ordered them

He nodded taking her fisted hand walking into their room. He turns around to look at her but her face remains blank.

"Are you ok?". He asked softly

She gulped her emotions and look at him smiling, "Of course. I am fine".

He frowns nodding asking her to change while he waited.

She walks inside with her clothes standing in front of the mirror looking at the girl who stands in front. 

She smiles a broken smile that no one can see.

He heard the door opening and immediately stands from his position waiting for her to come out. These past few minutes he had been frustrated thinking that she might have cried or done something after hearing those kinds of words.

She walks outside and her eyes look at him frowning, "What's wrong?".

She places her dress at the side turning to him as he speaks, "Are you ok?".

She smiles, "I am absolutely amazing". Then she turns to remove her bangles as she mumbles, "It's not the first time".

"What?". He asked when he heard her clearly making him clench his fist, "What do you mean?".

"I will tell you someday". She grins at him, "I am tired and sleepy. Can we just sleep?".

He nodded stiffly moving aside as she lays down on the left side immediately closing her eyes. He stayed there looking at her for a moment longer before he went to close the lights and laying at the right side.

*****
"How can you not tell us about your daughter?". His mother screamed early in the morning at her adopted mother

"I am not her mother". She replied, "I adopted her".

His mother gasped, "Not only she is dirty she is always not your daughter?".

"Yes". She replied, "But should it matter?".

His mother frowns, "What?".

"I have seen her for so many years look down by every person who came to know about her. Does it matter?. How does anything change because of what her parents had done?. Shouldn't they be ashamed instead of a child who was born and thrown unknown?". She said angrily

Maria looks at her wide eyes because she had never spoken like this before. If anything she has only spoken once to her in her life and never again. She watches her taking steps out of this house and she runs after her.

"Ammi". She shouts watching her stop immediately, "Ammi".

She takes slow steps towards her as she turns around looking at her.