53.Tactics

Recap: "Divorce papers"

_____________________________________

"What??" Racheal screamed, but Jack covered her mouth gesturing to Carly. "I- yeah" Daniel looked down, fidgeting with his fingers. "W-Why though" Zach asked, eyes wide and Daniel sighed.

"I-I can't tell you guys" Daniel whispered, trying to get up, but they shoved him back into the chair, taking seats on the other couches. "No you fucking tell us" Tahani growled and Daniel shook his head.

"I can't" Daniel said, and Lily rolled her eyes. "Bullshit" Corbyn voiced for her. "I can't its-" Daniel stopped himself. "Its what? Daniel why can't you tell us?" Clementine asked and Daniel ran his hands through his hair.

"Legal reasons" He finally said and Jack rolled his eyes. "We all own law firms, one wad of cash and we can get the judge to forget about legal stuff Daniel. Why did you sign them? You both love each other" Jonah asked and Daniel sighed before beginning.

"So if anything ever happened to her parents, Carly would get all the property, which is worth millions honestly. Which is what Jake wanted, Carly was just an added plus to him. " Daniel said, before continuing.

"So when the contract was signed, Carly never read through it, but I did and there was this line, the moment Carly gets married, I become the legal guardian of her property, not because she can't manage on her own, but its a lot of threat to her.

So I got that position, and three quarters of her property was transferred under my name. The marriage was for a year, and then we would get a divorce, her property will still remain with me though, and the merging of companies helped explain" He said, pain in his voice, the others staring jaw dropped.

They expected business tactics but not this bad, or the better word, this intense. 

"If there was to be any child, it would be under my custody, which is why I repelled her, because the child wouldn't be able to see her, for it would be the heir of the company. And I honestly never thought I would trust someone again, after everything with Jake" Daniel explained, ignoring the gasps at the custody part.

"I wanted to ask her if once the contract's close to ending, we- we cancel it, but I broke a rule there, a-and it automatically leads to d-divorce" Daniel choked out, tears falling, burying his head in his hands.

"What is it?" Someone asked, and Daniel looked up lightly. "I was never to let her come into any harm or harm her in any way, it automatically leads into divorce" Daniel croaked, and a few gasped.

"Is there any way to not get a divorce?" Charlotte asked, and Daniel nodded, making them sigh in relief. "She has to say no, or refuse to sign, within 10 days of getting harmed" Daniel whispered and everyones eyes widened.

"Its the 9th day..." Jack whispered and Daniel nodded. "We can't get married or date again either, its a one time thing, something about bad publicity. The thing was, if she got harmed by someone else, I would have to stay with and protect her until the person is caught.." Daniel trailed off, wiping tears.

"So I guess thats it, atleast if she has a child in the future, she can see and live with them" Daniel shrugged, putting his walls up as he wiped his tears, trying not to show the fact that her with another man did hurt him in fact.

"Besides, she'll be much more happy with someone else" Daniel mumbled and Lily scoffed. "She hasn't been that happy since ages, trust me, shes so much better than when I found her dying on the floor" Jonah said and Daniel looked up.

"Dying on the floor?" He asked, confused and Corbyn hit Jonah's head hard. "Uhm she tried to, uh suicide in university" Jonah mumbled making Daniel's eyes widen. "S-She felt responsible for Oscar's death and uhm, she knew someone got raped so" Jack whispered, Daniel's eyes widening.

He looked over, his eyes tearing up. He slowly interlaced his fingers with hers, kissing her hand lightly. "Hey bro, its late, we should probably go, visiting hours are almost over" Zach said, before everyone walked out.

Daniel wiped his tears for the umpteenth time that night, his fingers interlaced with his wifes as his eyes slowly closed, enjoying the small time he had left with her, for he knew the moment she woke up, she would be made to sign the contract from her side, and the moment she woke up, it would be too late unless it was in another 24 hours.

And Carly? Well her world had blacked out the moment Daniel was shoved out of the room before surgery. The window had closed down, and she was left it absolute darkness, not able to hear anything at all.

The back wall has sprouted spikes, pushing her towards the barrier. She was scared, knowing she might die. But she froze when she saw three figures stepping out from the bright light. Her eyes welled up with tears as she slowly walked towards them.

She began running quickly, not even realizing that she had crossed the barrier until she felt a magnetic pull towards the door labelled 'After'. Carly's eyes widened as she tried to grab onto anything, anything at all but nothing had something to hold onto.

Until, she felt herself being stopped by one of the figures, gripping her tightly, pulling her to the middle of the room, where she felt the magnetic tension being released. She looked up into her saviors eyes, her own watering as she finally spoke.

"Oscar?"

_________________________________________

Lmao, the ending is like fiction at its finest aha🥰

Nawt me promising an update soon and taking almost a week-
which I must apologize for, I am actually sorry *winces*

Uhm so yeah, the reason was given, I keep making stupid twists, someone slap me-
To clear it up, Carly did not hear about the contract, her world 'blacked out' the moment the machines began beeping😝

Quick question, am I the only one who gets really nostalgic when I listen to any of the /12's? Cuz I was listening to I Still Do live when I wrote this and hell I-

But I love you guys!💖

Toodle-Doo!❤