32.Deserve

Recap: "I love you"

___________________________________

Daniel's eyes fluttered open, sunlight pouring in despite the curtains. He realized his arms were around Carly's waist, her head buried into his neck and he frowned.

'This was not how we fell asleep' Daniel thought to himself but laid unmoving, trying not to wake his blond wife. 'Wife' Daniel repeated to himself, a small smile gracing his face.

And then he remembered. He remembered what happened. He remembered how he was responsible. He remembered how his life fell apart. And most of all, he remembered how helpless he had felt, how betrayed he had felt.

Daniel felt Carly lightly move, but her soft and steady breaths returned, meaning she was asleep. He pushed the hair that was covering her face behind her ear, her face completely bare and Daniel couldn't help but marvel at her beauty.

Her eyelashes were long, her nose sharp but curved perfectly. Her hair was sprawled out, her smooth arms wrapped around his neck. He knew he felt something towards her, but to his mind, it was wrong.

What if he ruined her life too? What if they got too close and something bad happened? He knew already that he would blame himself if something happened to her.

 She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve a guy who had a bad past, whose family didn't even talk to him that much. She didn't deserve a guy like him.

She deserved better than some stupid guy she was forced to marry. Some guy who couldn't think straight. Some guy who had a feud with many people. Some guy who was responsible for some guy who he didn't even know the name of.

He felt Carly stir again and her eyelashes brush against his neck as she opened her eyes and he shut his, pretending to be asleep. "Morning" he heard her whisper before kissing his forehead and he felt light tingles where her lips were but he brushed it off.

She lightly ran her hand through his hair, her nails scraping his scalp lightly then stopped. "Daniel wake up" she said, and he groaned, pulling the girl closer like he was still asleep.

Carly let out a small laugh that melted Daniel's heart as she began shaking him awake again. "Bubba please wake up. You have medicines to take" she said and Daniel groaned, before finally 'waking up'.

"Good morning sleepyhead" Carly said teasingly and Daniel rolled his eyes playfully. Carly's phone lit up again, and her eyes lightly widened before she typed a reply and placed her phone back.

"Alright I'll take a shower, then you can take one. I need to go somewhere after breakfast, I'll be back in like an hour and you can spend some time with your family ok?" She asked and Daniel slowly nodded.

After a shower, Daniel found an outfit laid out for him and he slipped on his pants, having problems with his tshirt. And so he took it and walked downstairs, to find Carly frying bacon on the stove.

(Carly's Dress!)