A blast from the past

Unedited 1900

Milkah

A whole week has passed and in total it's been 12 days in the palace.

I'm just living my life in silence and not attracting any attention.

I go to my etiquette classes and come back.

I eat, sleep , poop and have visited royal grandmother twice. The lady is a bit old fashioned but I enjoy her company.

It's different. There's no bickering about the King and all that nonsense.

She tells me stories about her youth and the past King and the previous King after him.

She never really goes into detail how her Son and his wife died and I never really ask, although I am inquisitive.

I guess there's too much hurt around those memories. I've asked Zodwa but she also doesn't  know as she had entered the palace after the tragic incident had happened.

All she knows is that it was an attack and the aim was to massacre the entire royal family.

There really isn't a lot of people I can ask besides Nkhanyezi and at the moment she must also adhere to the one month rule.

Which leaves me with the only one person...the King. The main protagonist to the whole tragic story.

However I know I'm not crazy to go wake up a sleeping lion. After the last time I saw him, he hasn't reached out or done anything.

To be honest I am relieved but I am also disappointed.  Relieved because the man scares and intimidates the hell out of me, sad due to the fact that he calls on the other concubines that live within the same quarters as I every now and again but he never calls on me.

Not that I want him too of course! I feel like Melokuhle should be here to experience the consummation of her marriage herself.

It's annoying though having to listen to the other two concubines fond over the King. I mean it's like listening to sidechicks talk about your boyfriend. You would get uncomfortable too.

I don't understand why I feel the way I do but it does irritate me hence I've decided to live in silence so that I can deal with my feelings on my own and analyse what the hell is wrong with me.

***

"My Queen! My Queen! Wake up!"

What the!

"My Queen wake up! Please!"

What the  hell is going on!

I open my eyes to find my self in an unfamiliar room. It's a lot bigger and luxurious then the one one I had.

I look around to find everyone running around frantically . I look again only to be pulled by soft hands trying to get me out the door

"Stop! Where is the crownwd prince!" Okey that is not my voice that just came out of my mouth

I look at my body to find it unfamiliar to Melokuhle's body.

You've got to be kidding me! Who the heck did I possess now!

"My queen the Prince has been escorted to royal grandmothers quarters, he is safe! We have to get you to safety too!" Spoke a lady around her thirties in a frantic but calm voice.

I don't know who she is but I feel like I can trust...well the person I'm in feels like she can so who am I to judge....wait did she say queen?