The Zulu Palace (P3)

Unedited 1900

Milkah

"Mrs Mkhize I don't want to do this" I told her with my vulnerable voice.

She is the last hope I have. I have no mother no one to count on but her.

" Melokuhle I understand your fear of not wanting to do the ritual but when you had entered the carriage to the way here no one forced you and you knew why your where not encouraged to do so but you did. You have to understand that in life the decisions we have come responsibility. Now that you have enjoyed the shade and comfort of the carriage I think it's time to take responsibility for the outcome."

"Today, as you have left your father's house you are seen as a woman. Childish acts will not be tolerated in society. The next time you make a decision in future, you will think about what transpired today and you will choose a direction that satisfy you."

"Now, we have been waiting outside for 30 minutes and it's all because we where being patient with you. We cannot wait any longer and you have to understand that this marriage also includes the our Kingdom's Leader . We cannot afford disrespect any longer. Please Melokuhle, don't shame the Mkhize clan any further than you have done today."

After she finished talking she walked away.

If MaZulu has spoken the way she did then what she is saying must be taken seriously, the woman does not look like someone who talks nonsense of she does speak then there must be a need.

I looked at the knife that is in my hand I also looked at the chicken laying on the ground.

I could fell my heart rate accelerate the more I thought about touching the chicken.

I walked slowly towards it. I blocked out the environment around me. It was just me and the beast chicken.

It looked like the chicken knew what I was suppose to do because it started flapping it's wings more wildly which created dust to start raising in the atmosphere.

People shielded their eyes from the dust as the wind blew it towards them.

I could fell the sting of the sand as it hit my eyes but I continued to advanced towards the chicken.

When I was 5 feet away from the chicken I said a silent prayer and made a promise that I will repay everyone that had made me kill this chicken today.

I took a deep breath and walked closure to the chicken. I help the knife high enough to ensure that the force I excerted would be enough to accomplish what I planned to do.

My plan was to chop the head off the chicken without touching it. They never stipulated the method thy just said I had to wash my hands with its blood, so I'm going to do just that.

I aimed my eyes towards the neck of the chicken counted to 3 then went straight for the kill. The knife was sharp and big enough for the job , so I succeeded.

As soon as the head was disconnected to the body of the chicken, that is when it started spinning around which resulted the blood to be scattered around the entrance of the Palace.

Did I care ? No
I did what they wanted me to do.

As song as the chicken stopped with its exaggerated movements, I went closure to it and placed my hands close to the neck.

The neck was still producing blood so as soon as I hand enough on my hands I rubbed around my hands then walked back to where my uncle and father where standing.

Please like share and commnet😄😄😃