What you say?

1900 unedited

Milkah

The  lady continued cleaning the room while I stared at her. She was light skinned and her hair braided in cornrows that had an amazing pattern going on.

She wore a traditional zulu skirt that was black in colour and had beads of a different colour. The length of the skirt went all the way to her knees. In my opinion it had an umbrella skirt design going on.

Her top was a bra that was also black in colour but was decorated with beads that hanged

Her top was a bra that was also black in colour but was decorated with beads that hanged. It looked amazing, she looked amazing!

This dream really had good looking people I had to admit

She was slender in body appearance, compared to me she had more of a model body where as my current body looked like a video vixen's body.

She turned and looked at me, I guess she could feel my eyes analyzing her.

"Melokuhle please was your face, everyone is waiting for before we start the ceremony of your wedding". She told me in a gentle voice but also matured, showcasing the fact that she was older than me.

As I was bending a word was floating in my head...wedding.

Wedding!  

The hell! If I'm getting married in my dream that means someone is going to die in my family.

Oh God please let it not be my mom!

I did a silent prayer asking God to please spear my family. I knew it was inevitable but I still hoped that he would be lenient on me and take someone that I'm not emotionally attached too.

Yes I know that's cruel but I'm not really planning on going to varsity with a shaved head and black cloths.

No thank you mam!

"Melokuhle!"

"Huh?" I replied then started at her.

She winded her eyes and pointed at the bucket of water next too me.

"Oh yah, sorry" I told her absent mindedly in english. As I bent down to wash my face.

The water had a fragrant smell to it I guess it was the rose petals floating in the bucket.

Rosewater?

"What?" She replied looking at me confused

I looked at her as well with a wet face. "Mh?" I asked.

"What did you just say...sorry" she said. It sounded a bit weird to be honest. It was like she did not understand english.

I looked at her confused and I clarified to her in english "I said I was sorry...".

My voice sounded weird to me. I was used to my high pitched voice but this one, it was soft and sounded like soothing music.

The hell! I probably could sing with this voice.

"Are you okey Melokuhle? You seem to be speaking in different tongues. gods forbid that you have been posed by evil spirits" She said in Zulu.

I couldn't  hold it in. I laughed out loud. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes!

I looked at her and I couldn't hold back my laughter, the way she spoke was like I was in ancient times. Her zulu was so strong I don't even know how I understood her but by miracle I did.

The Zulu she spoke was totally different to the one I spoke. In fact she sounded like my Zulu teacher in high school. It was really deep and cultured of which of course sounded weird to a millennial like me.

This dream was getting out of hand. How am I suppose to decipher what it means when I'm currently struggling to understand what these people are saying.

Please vote, share and comment😁😁😊