Vow (P3)

Unedited 1900

Milkah

The fist concubine walks in, she was a beauty but what stood out to me was her attire it looked different compared to mine.

Why do I have the feeling that there is favouritism happening here?

She was led as I was but as soon as she arrived in the front of the hall she bowed down.

Well dame! That's where I went wrong. How was I suppose to know we had to bow to the King!

"Rise" I heard the voice of the man on top of the stage.

Oh my! This man is dangerous for my well being. I could feel the vibrations of his vocal cords all the way to my heart!

The concubine was led to where I was also standing but was placed in front of me.

So she is currently blocking my view.

I'm upset but what can I do, I disobed the King!

The last concubine entered, you can already guess her dress!

These people are nasty as hell I must say. Was it because I slaughtered the chicken like a savage?

I'm upset , I'm really upset. If they told me that my husband was this handsome I would have  slaughtered the chicken like a hunter, clean. And maybe if Nomathemba had instructed me on how to act when I'm presented to the King, I would have not been in this situation!

The concubine does what Ms "I'll stand in front of you" did  and of course is blessed by my man's voice.

She is directed to stand beside Ms "I'll stand in front of you".

I knew it! Favourtism!

Melokuhle has her worked cut out for her here.

I ask Zodwa how many concubine does the King have. Her asnwer was 4 but now is seven including us.

This man is beautiful but is greedy what are you going to do with 7 woman?

A different one every night? Impossible!

Please Milkah which ever hospital you are in please wake up, I can't stand this any longer.

I have been here for one day and I already cannot take it anymore!

"Call the official and the sangoma,  let the vow and gifting ceremony begin!" The mother of the king stated.

There's a lot of movement and commotion. I can't see anything because I'm practically blocked from seeing anything.

Zodwa leads me to where my family is seated which is to the far end of the whole hall.

I'm not laughing but I am. I guess the problem is not me but my father. He is just not viewed as an important person.

Nomathemba hands me the grass basket that has the gifts for my husband. I wished I had checked what was inside before but I had not.

On top of everything else I don't know what I'm supposed to do. This is a disaster waiting to happen. I just know it!

Please like, share and comment😄😄😃