Chapter 25: His Kiss

I was speechless. At first I thought maybe I was losing my mind. I mean what teacher in their right mind would kiss their student. But as I felt Logan's soft, gentle lips on my I realized just how real this is. And even though I knew deep down this situation should have been creepy, it felt so right. I never felt so comfortable, so safe, so at home as I did now. I loved it. I loved the feeling of his lips on my. My brain was a cloud of euphoria. I was over the moon.

As I slowly started to respond to his kiss he kissed me back harder. Soon it was a full blown make out session. I heard his moan and my body was set instantly on fire.

But suddenly he pulled back abruptly. I looked at him sadly and frowned. It was a few awkward seconds until he finally spoke. "Sorry." he said hesitantly.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"For kissing you, it shouldn't have happened." a shot of pain ran through my body. That had hurt.

"You shouldn't be..."

He looked at me shocked. "I- well- Hayley- I mean..." it took him a few more moments to finally finish his sentence. "I'm your teacher...and you hated me...I ruined your life."

I paused. Thinking over what he said. Though what he had said was true, I couldn't imagine my life without him now that he was in it. I knew the past was something I was unable to overlook. But in this moment I realized I needed him. I needed him like I needed air or water. He was apart if me. I had no reasoning to it, no explanation but I couldn't let him go. I'd die without him. I know it was weird but it felt as if I've known him before.

"I know this is weird-" I said quietly "But I need you. The past, well it's the past. And I feel like all that is trivial now. I know it's odd but the moment you kissed me something in my brain just clicked. I need you. I can't seem to see my life without you. It's strange but I feel like I've been through this with you before. Like we've been together before." I looked at him, his face was guarded and unreadable...it made me extremely nervous. "Unless you don't want that...I mean don't listen to me...I'm crazy. I don't know what I'm talking about. Obviously you don't feel the same way and I-"

I was cut off by the sudden attack of his lips on mine. I was a quick kiss. One that shut me up quickly. "Please don't cry." he spoke.

It was weird but I hadn't realized I was crying. "You're too beautiful to cry." I laughed a nervous laugh and he joined in. Soon we were laughing our heads off forgetting all the unpleasantness of the past few weeks. It was like it used to be.

I froze. What had I just though. Like it used to be...

Logan and I had never laughed like this, but...I feel like we had. I could almost imagine it. So clearly.

I looked at Logan who was looking back at me his blue eyes sparkling. He looked happy. And that's all I wanted. Was him to be happy.

I just smiled at him and pushed my thoughts away for another day. But I did have one question. "Logan, so your part wolf?" I asked him.

He didn't answer.

"It's okay. You don't have to lie to me. I mean I saw remember. When you...well killed him." I said awkwardly and quietly. He still hadn't answered. His face was again a mask. "unless...I really am crazy." I frowned.

"Figures..." he mumbled.

"What?"

"After everything, after everything that's happened to you, what you saw what you went through, the feelings your feeling and the situation your in you ask me if I'm part wolf. And the way you say it, it's almost as if your asking about the whether. You sure are something else."

I smiled slightly "Well...are you."

"Yes..." he said uncertainly.

"Okay." I said back with a smile.

----

:)