Chapter 28: The Date

Hayleys POV

I kicked Logan out of the house as I got ready to take a shower. I didn't need him around me to bother me when I was trying to get my thoughts together. Logan sure was something else. I got ready within an hour and waited patently for Logan to show up.

I didn't see how it was possible for us to be able to go on a normal date. Despite the other major issues we needed to work out he was still technically my teacher. But I shrugged that worry off. There were definitely more pressing issues for us to work out.

I played with my thumbs nervously and started cleaning up around the house. I wondered where we were going. I didn't even let myself dream up a situation afraid that in the end it wouldn't even be possible. At 12pm on the dot the door bell rang and I skipped excitedly and opened it. I was greeted with the perfect being that was Logan Night. His dark locks hung right above his crystal midnight blue eyes that seemed to intently stare into my soul. He was wearing dark washed jeans and a black v neck t shirt. He looked mouthwateringly breathtaking. Suddenly I felt uncomfortably unworthy. I was wearing a pair of pale ripped up jeans and a blue tshirt that was clearly too big for me.

But Logan being Logan smiled at me warmly love shinning in his eyes and said "You look absolutely adorable."

I could feel my face burn a bright red as I flushed with embarrassment. "Thanks. You look really cute too." I mumbled shifting from foot to foot awkwardly.

"Did you just call me cute? Don't call me cute. Call me handsome, godly, sexy-anything but cute sweetheart." He said with a cocky smile.

I smirked lightly. As we walked towards his car excitement filled my body as I giggled without thinking. As I hopped into the car and buckled up Logan looked at me and smiled sweetly. "Ready to go little one?"

I shot himself glare. And stayed silent. He started the car cranked up the tunes and we were off. It was this uncomfortable comfortable silence filled with Logan's idle chatter. He was chatting about the weather about himself about the state of the world to economics to world problems to government to which kind of dog he'd get if he got one. And I just sat there. Twisting my hands in my lap. He finally pulls over stops the car and goes "Speak!" I looked at him and glared and said "Drive." He sighed and pulled onto the road again.

Again the silence filled the car. When suddenly he turned on the radio full blast. He smiled impishly and sang "Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on!" His singing voice was let's just say less then appealing. But his full smile eyes crinkled look gave me butterflies and I just looked at him in horror. "You got that healing that I want! Just like they say it in the songs until the dawn let's Marvin Gaye and get it on! Hit it Hayley!" When I didn't sing back he goes "sing or I won't stop!"

And he didn't stop... "We got this king size to ourselves Don't have to share with no one else
Don't keep your secrets to yourself It's karma sutra show and tell. There's loving in your eyes
That pulls me closer It's so subtle, I'm in trouble But I'd love to be in trouble with you"

And finally I sighed and joined him! Both of us. The two goofy messed up dark and twisty souls sang a ridiculous song about Marvin Gaye and I could not be more content or happy with my life.

I so much between us happened, yet didn't happen I couldn't even wrap my head around the feeling. I had known Logan and feel in love with him. And then I hadn't known him. And now I do know him. And again I could feel the creeping feeling I could so easily love him again. Logan no matter what happened in our lives I felt like we would be pulled together. It's was strings of fate. I looked at the man next to me and I could feel his hope his sadness his longing for the Hayley he once knew and loved. But she's not hear. I knew that. He knew that. But I had an itching feeling that just like me he knew we could fall in love all over again. Because despite everything our souls belonged together.
I closed my eyes and happily dreamed of a time where there was no pain. That Logan hadn't been a teacher. I hadn't been a student. He hadn't been a wolf. I hadn't been just a human. And we had been able to fall in love normally. Without death. Without some confusing redo in time without having to lose each other once again.

I woke up to a shaking on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and saw those beautiful blue eyes that I could call home for the rest of my life. "Hey beautiful" he said softly.

I smiled weakly and whispered "where are we?"

"Where I want you to be." I looked around. We were in an empty field. In front of me was a trailer lit up in lights and roses and sun flowers. There was a blank screen facing the side of the trailer. On the side of the trailer was a screened in area with a fireplace and pretty much what I could call the most comfortable laying area in the world.

I looked at Logan confused. "Well I'm going to kill you and tape it. And when I'm done I'm going to sit down get comfy make myself a hotdog over the fire and screen the tape on that screen right there!"

I rolled my eyes and just looked down embarrassed. "Is this really for me?"

He laughed "of course silly! Let's go!"

He came to my side of the car unbuckled me and swooped me in his arms and carried me to the the trailer. He laid me down on the cushions and played around with the projector and let the movie start. He went inside the trailer and brought out wine and raw hotdogs two sticks and smiled.

I looked at the screen and watched the opening scene of "An affair to to remember" and thought this was the most perfect moment of my life. And I couldn't be happier.

I looked at Logan he handed me a stick with a hotdog attached to the end and goes "Here take care of my wiener!" I rolled my eyes and thought this man was the love of my life. Regardless of what the future had in store for us he was the one man in my life that I loved more than anything. And we could and would make this work. I was confident about that. We would have our happy ending. I just know it.