kim taehyung : forced goodbye FINAL

김 태형
"I will win over your heart, I promise."

Exactly three gentle knocks

Knock. Knock. Knock.

No audible answer.

My unsteady breath shook as I let it out. My heart was working ten times harder to pump the blood. My palms were sweaty. My nerves were going absolutely insane.

I slowly but firmly, turned the brass door knob and delicately poked my head in. "Taehyung..?" My soft voice echoed in the room.

"Close the door behind you if you come in, please." Taehyung's voice was soft, almost fragile, as if it and his heart would break any minute. Perhaps his heart was already broken. Torn apart by the woman he risked and ditched everything for. The woman whom he was so sure he would spend the rest of his life with and whom he would create babies who in return would then create grandchildren for them. Taehyung's heart was already torn into shreds the moment the love of his life said the two words every person dreads to even think about on the day that's supposed to be their happiest, "I don't."

Silence engulfed the room between the both of us. I stood, my brain's gears working at top speed to come up with anything to say that could possibly help Taehyung feel better in the slightest.
Before I could open my mouth, he had already beaten me to it.

"Is this karma?"  Taehyung's bowed head slowly rose up, turning to look at me in the process. My mouth opened in agape, him having caught me off guard.

His eyes brows furrowed and the corners of his mouths dipped into a frown as his stare intensified on me. "This is karma for what I did to you isn't it? You were the only one who had feelings for me and I was already in love with someone else."  I sighed as I walked over and plopped myself right next to him. I stared outside the window, seeing the mess that also was known as the crowd. Taehyung's mother was surrounded by many who were concerned, her apparently having a breakdown .

"Don't say that. It wasn't your fault."  I paused before looking up at Taehyung,

"It's not your fault that you loved another woman at the time. Your heart belonged to her and there's nothing I could've ever done to change that. Nothing." His eyes met mine.  I always thought Taehyung's eyes were one of the best things about him. There was something special about them, you know?  They had that spark. A spark that could completely captivate you. As it had done to me in the past.

"She's a foolish woman for abandoning the one and only man who would've done everything to give her the world." I gulped the lump that was growing in my throat.

I knew the feeling of being abandoned and it was slashing my heart in pieces knowing that Taehyung had to experience it by the only one who had captured his heart. Something I would've given my life back then to do.

"I gave everything I had. I risked everything. I gave her a part of myself." His eyes were snatched away by the incoming tears that attacked the surface. I clenched my fists knowing he was in internal agony.

"I know, and she's the biggest idiot on the Earth for leaving that." Taehyung quickly wiped his tears. Clearing his voice he quickly turned his head towards mine.

"I'm sorry. You should've never been involved with me. I only left and hurt you in the end and now look at you—" He chuckled and directed his head toward the ceiling to blink away the nonstop tears that continued to form.

"watching me being a total wreck on my wedding day, my goddamn wedding day."

I sat there in silence, not knowing how to properly comfort him. The only way my body knew how to comfort someone was through touch.  "Screw it." I got up and let my body take control of comforting instead of my words. As I stood in front of Taehyung who stared at me with an unreadable expression,

I opened my arms and wrapped them around his body. He didn't react nor did he flinch.

"You will be okay. Her abandonment was only a sign of her true aspects of her loyalty towards you. You will be okay." I felt his head lean on my body for support, his arms resting to his side. I patted his back softly in a generous pattern.

"You will be okay."

THREE MONTHS LATER

I let out a loud groan as I wiped the sweat off my forehead. "Who know painting could be so tiring?"

Taehyung laughed as he put down his paintbrush down. The room reeked of fresh paint, the walls' fresh layer of maroon glossed in the sunlight.

"Thank you for taking the time to come help me, moving into a new place is always a pain in the ass." I smiled as I walked over to Taehyung and offered him a bottle of fresh, cold and crisp water. He nodded in gratitude and chugged the bottle. Once he finished, he bent down to set the empty bottle on the floor. A piece of his hair moved a bit, thanks to gravity, revealing a small amount of paint located on his ear.

"Wait you have some paint on your ear!" My hands instinctively reached up to his face, one hand cupping the left side of his face while the other moved the hair away more to get better access to wipe the paint off. I smiled in satisfactory when I saw the majority of the residue was cleaned off his ear, smearing the color all over my finger.

Time stopped completely as my eyes halted as they made contact with Taehyung's eyes, our faces just inches away from each other. My cheeks instantly flushed and I realized one of my hands was still cupping the side of his face. The sound of my heart pounding was all my ears were capable of hearing.

I couldn't let this moment slip through my fingers, I couldn't fail to do what the old me wanted to do so bad. I had to win his heart.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes before opening them and plastering a grin on my face.
I placed my right hand on the right side of Taehyung's face, cupping his face entirely. I could feel the heat rushing to his face and his gaze upon me remained the same.

"Taehyung," with every syllable, my heart continued to flutter and my stomach filled with an immense amount of butterflies.

"No matter how long it takes; weeks, months, or even years,

I will win over your heart. I promise."

a/n

HIYA ITS BEEN SO LONG !! i'm sorry for not updating any of my works in literally a year : ((
thank you so much to everyone who has continued to support me and still reads this cringy ass book, i love you.