fall with me

"I could fly for the rest of my life, all I would have to do is jump"

Trigger Warning(s): Suicide

Tommy looked down at the ground far below him, tears blurred his vision but he wanted this so he shouldn't be sad, right? He had come all the way here so he knew that he would do it, why wouldn't he after all? Tommy swallowed his saliva and opened...

Tommy looked down at the ground far below him, tears blurred his vision but he wanted this so he shouldn't be sad, right? He had come all the way here so he knew that he would do it, why wouldn't he after all? Tommy swallowed his saliva and opened his mouth in an attempt to breathe better, but his breathes were still short and ragged.

He looked away from the ground and back to where he stood, red paint from the old bridge peeled around him and the wire that held up the poles could fall at any moment. But that's what had made it fun, the risk that came with standing there, the fear that he had consumed him as soon as he stepped onto the bridge.

Tommy grabbed his phone from his pocket and pushed his earbuds into his ears as an attempt to momentarily distract from the thoughts. He scrolled through his playlist and chose a song at random and as the lyrics played Tommy stepped closer the edge.

There once was a bittersweet man...

More tears streaked down Tommy's face as his feet stopped at the edge.

It's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him...

Tommy turned so he faced the car he had driven to the bridge, he saw the broken window and the scratched side as he glanced at it.

We just gotta get along together...

Tommy closed his eyes and angled his head towards the sky.

So I got myself a citrus friend...

Tommy fell back, the air pushing against his back as he fell farther and farther. He was finally flying. His dream had come true. As he neared the ground he mumbled five words under his breath...

"I always wanted to fly"

318 words.

~inspired by a wish~