how could you?

"You're one in a billion."

Trigger Warning(s): Memory Loss And Angst

"You really can't remember me?" The words were aimed at Tommy again, he had heard the question over and over by the stranger but he couldn't make sense of it

"You really can't remember me?" The words were aimed at Tommy again, he had heard the question over and over by the stranger but he couldn't make sense of it. A sad look held in the other person's eyes, they almost seemed heartbroken as they asked once more. They had come into the hospital earlier that day, when they entered the room there was an excited smile plastered on their face and a happy look in their eye as they spotted Tommy sitting in his bed. But they were a stranger to the boy, he had no idea who they were even though they claimed he should.

"I'm sorry but no." Tommy sighed and glanced down at his hands, bandages tattered his pale skin. His fingers intertwined with a small bit of thread that had come loose from the hospital's blanket.

"But-" Tommy looked back up at the other, a tear streamed down their cheek as they stuttered out their statement, "I'm Tubbo! You're best friend."

Tommy frowned as more tears pooled in their eyes, "Please don't cry." He would have hugged them if he could but he had been bedridden for the past two days, ordered not to move in great amounts in fear that he would hurt himself more.

Tubbo took a seat in the chair that had been put next to Tommy's bed, holding their hands over their eyes as to cover the fact they were crying even thought Tommy already knew they were. The blond held out a hand and placed it on the other's shoulder, "I'm sorry."

"It's not even your fault." Tubbo sniffled as they wiped their tears away, though the action was useless as more started.

"It is." Tommy frowned as he moved his hand back to his lap, "I'm the one that can't remember you!"

"But it's not your fault that you can't..." Tubbo hiccuped from the crying and grabbed a tissue.

Tommy frowned and turned to the door, glancing at the people passing his room, "I know..." He mumbled, "But I can remember the others why not you?"

"I don't know." The tears had stopped pouring down their face but sadness still was present in their form. Tubbo thought for a moment, Tommy could tell they were trying to work this whole thing out, "Maybe we can get you to remember!"

"I hope so." Tommy smiled slightly, he was glad to be back.

414 words.

~inspired by the quote "You really can't remember me?"~