i have no use for rings of gold

"I only want you near me."

Tommy sourly drank his fruit punch from the side of the auditorium, the boy watched as couples danced around the floor

Tommy sourly drank his fruit punch from the side of the auditorium, the boy watched as couples danced around the floor. The music guided the pairs but he sat alone, ditched by his friends for their partners and left alone with no date. Instead of joining in with their fun Tommy opted to sit on the sidelines, it wasn't that he didn't like to dance, he just never was the best to put it lightly, and the fact he had no-one to dance with pushed him to stay by himself. He decided instead of just sitting in his thoughts to look around the room, spotting his friends in the crowds of people.

The boy laughed as George was spun around the floor, almost falling onto his face before Dream could catch him. The taller had forced the brunette onto the floor only about an hour ago, saying he wanted to have a slow dance. Because Dream came from a more rich family he had been to many parties before, and from those parties he had learned to be an amazing dancer, left with George, who had danced maybe once in his whole life. So the pair consisted of George tripping and struggling to dance around the floor while Dream laughed and helped him.

Tommy turned his gaze from the two to another pair of his friends, Wilbur and Niki slow danced elegantly around the floor. Tommy didn't want to admit it but he was definitely impressed by the two, he didn't expect them to be able to dance so well but it was like they were made for each other. He sighed as he wished that he would meet a girl like that and share the same love his two friends do.

"Hey Tom" Tubbo took a seat next to his friend, moving the flowing fabric of his dress skirt under him to sit comfortably with a fruit punch in his hand, "What's with the sad look?"

"It's nothing" Tommy sighed, taking another sip of his drink before attempting a change in the conversation, "I like your outfit."

"Oh." Tubbo looked down at what he was wearing, a light pink shirt under his white tuxedo jacket matched with a dark grey tie, a beautiful dress skirt covered in strawberries connected to his undershirt and made his whole outfit look perfect. He had always been good with fashion and when it came to their prom day it was no exception, "Thank you!" 

Instead of a perfect outfit like Tubbo had, Tommy wore a simple tuxedo. It's new form made the boy feel uncomfortable and he wished for a chance to just get home and change into something more fit, another good reason for him not wanting to dance.

"Why haven't you gone dancing?" Tubbo questioned, he himself had been on the floor all night, either dancing confidently with strangers and friends or when no-one accepted his offer he danced by himself, still having a good time.

"Just not in the mood I guess..." Tommy finished his fruit punch and stood to find a bin to put his cup in. He spotted one in the corner and walked along the walls to get to it, he passed so many couples on his way and the more he saw the worse he felt, he was one of the only people there with no partner, or partners, to accompany him.

He stood next to the bin for a moment, trying to spot a way out of the crowd, he wished for nothing more than a way to get out of the packed room. Tommy spotted an exit and started to step towards it, determined to finally be able to get some air. He pushes open the doors and was met with a cool breeze from the hallways, he would talk to the others tomorrow, for now he just wanted to go home.

666 words.

~Inspired by the song for the dancing and the dreaming~