i'm gone

"We don't need nothing except a whole lotta loving!"

Tommy twirled in front of the floor-length mirror, his reflection mimicking the motion as he spun

Tommy twirled in front of the floor-length mirror, his reflection mimicking the motion as he spun. The flowy dress he wore reached past his feet, lifting slightly as he spun but now that he was stood still once more it covered his socks and bandage ridden legs. It was a pastel yellow, a printed pattern of lemons followed along the fabric and when Tommy had first seen it he had fallen in love. Although no-one in his family had known about his love of dresses and more feminine outfits he still wore them in secret, admiring the beauty they brought out in him, a confidence boost along with that made him feel gorgeous.

He had chosen a black turtle neck to wear under the dress, it covered the skin that would otherwise be exposed in just the silky fabric. He thought of this as one of his favourite outfits yet, the colours and the material had gone perfect together and even if it cost a pretty penny it was worth it.

"Tommy!" Techno's voice suddenly came from somewhere outside the boy's door, presumably just down the corridor. He scrambled to lock the small hatch and stood back at the mirror, not wanting to take off the outfit just yet, "Supper is ready!"

"I'll be out in a minute!" Tommy shouted back, "Bit busy."

"With what?" Techno's voice suddenly came from the other side of the door, curious of what his little brother was doing.

"Uh- nothing." Tommy cursed his horrible excuse, he was always a terrible liar, and his stutter didn't seem to help either.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Techno laughed, "C'mon I'm your older brother you can tell me!"

"No, go away." Tommy stepped over to the door, the dress flowing behind him as he stood on the other side, more audible to Techno.

"C'mon" Techno stretched out the 'n' to annoy Tommy farther, and it did as Tommy sighed and mumbled a quick 'fine'.

Tommy glanced back at the mirror, the dress still looked gorgeous so he decided, why not? He unlocked the door and gripped the handle, stepping back and pulling it open to reveal his older brother on the other side. Techno's expression changed to one of surprise and then one of happiness, "You look great Tommy!"

"Wh- Really?" The boy let go of the handle and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah that dress looks really nice on you, the yellow almost matches your hair." Techno's eyes wandered the fabric, spotting the lemons and the leaves dotting it.

Tommy laughed, "Thanks."

"But" Techno glanced down the hall at the staircase, "Don't you think you are a little overdressed for a family dinner?"

The two boys busted out laughing, Tommy clutching his stomach as he wheezed and Techno covering his mouth as he chuckeled. Tommy couldn't be happier, he would change into his usual clothes but he was glad Techno didn't say anything bad about the outfit he currently wore.

520 words.

~inspired by the book MC Youtuber Oneshots by MeltedAshes~