for you i would burn it all

"And I would do it again."

Tommy sat on the wall of l'manberg, his legs dangling over the concrete with his mind busy at work

Tommy sat on the wall of l'manberg, his legs dangling over the concrete with his mind busy at work. Only hours prior he had given up his most prized possessions, but he had done it for his freedom, for his friends freedom, so it seemed like a worthy trade. He didn't know how to feel about the whole thing though, of course he was happy for his friends and their new found independence, but thoughts of the days he had lost collecting those discs were stuck on loop in his mind.

Tommy's eyes wondered the land as he tried to distract himself, trees around their kingdom had been charred and thrown to the ground like some old toys a child had forgotten about. The ground was a mix of dead plant and burnt out soil, the looks of the land outside of the walls didn't give l'manberg a good look but it didn't matter how well the land had been taken care of because it wasn't the land that had meant so much to the soldiers, it was the promise of the end of war that had kept their heads up.

Tommy soon looked away from the broken land and turned his gaze to the sky instead. Above him it was a gorgeous combination of pink and orange, the colours mixed perfectly with each other and the whole thing looked as if it would be a painting hanging in a museum if it wasn't above him.

The sun would be dipping under the horizon soon but Tommy didn't want to think about later, instead he watched the masterpiece above him and listened to his companions celebrate below him.

He could hear music and yelling from the midst of their land, they had been at this for hours and probably wouldn't stop until late in the night. Tommy had celebrated with them in the beginning but as hours went by he decided to go off on his own to think about it all, with the excuse of a headache, Wilbur obviously didn't believe it but he had let the boy off because of the occasion.

Tommy sighed and closed his eyes, focusing on the lyrics from the music that was playing. The bunch of them had decided to try and sing Hamilton karaoke and he could hear Tubbo trying to keep up with some of the lines from Burn. He laughed as Tubbo yelled louder, not even caring about what he was saying.

Soon Tommy heard footsteps approaching him and the weight of someone as they sat down next to him.

"Hello Tommy" Wilbur says as he lays next to Tommy. "How is your 'headache' doing?"

Tommy laughs at the comment, "I'm doing fine, thanks."

"If you say so." Wilbur followed Tommy's eyes to the sky far above the duo. The two drifted into a comfortable silence, the painting above them that was once mix of oranges and yellows had turned to a faint shade of blues and purples.

"It's rather pretty out" Tommy smiled, "Don't you think?"

"Yeah" Wilbur looked over at Tommy, "It's nice to finally get a break from all the fighting."

"I haven't been out to watch the sunset in so long because of the war" Tommy sat up, putting his hands on his knees as he looks back down at the ground far below him, his legs still swaying over the edge of the wall. "I'm so happy this whole thing has stopped."

Wilbur sat up and put an arm around Tommy, pulling him closer to him, "Maybe tomorrow we could take the others and watch the sunset after rebuilding L'manburg."

"That would be nice" Tommy leans his head on the other shoulder, the two had always been close, like brothers, and even if they sometimes fought they could always be there for each other and they had known that because of the war, "So, are you gonna go back to the others?"

"How about you come with me" Wilbur suggests and he stands up and holds out his hand to Tommy, "C'mon we can make fun of Tubbo when he messes up lyrics"

Tommy laughs and grabs a hold of Wilbur's outstretched hand, he had made up his mind on the discs and he couldn't be happier.

727 words.

~inspired by burn from the hamilton soundtrack~