do you care?

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

don't reveal it all 2

Trigger Warning(s): Cigarettes/Smoking

Tommy opened his eyes, how long had be been asleep? It didn't matter, he just wanted to know where he was so he sat up to take in his surroundings

Tommy opened his eyes, how long had be been asleep? It didn't matter, he just wanted to know where he was so he sat up to take in his surroundings. Tommy was leaning on the railing of a balcony, sitting on the concrete next to it with his legs dangling over the edge slightly. He looked to his left and saw Wilbur standing about a foot away on the edge of the balcony with a cigarette in his hand, his head was pointed up at the sky and Tommy's eyes followed his gaze.

The sun had already set and the sky was dark, stars were dotted randomly but it felt so perfect. Tommy thought that he could stare at them for hours, watching as the clouds migrated across the canvas like sky.

"How are you, Toms" Wilbur asked quietly as he put the end of his cigarette in his mouth and blew out a puff of intoxicating smoke.

Tommy turned his gaze to the man that stood next to him, Wilbur's arms leaning over the edge of the railing, "Same as always..."

Wilbur blew more smoke towards the sky and tapped the end of his cigarette on the railing, a frown forming on his face. "You can always talk to me, you know that Toms."

"I know Wil" Tommy looked down at his hands again. "I think this time was the worse time I dissociated..." Tommy whispered as he closed his eyes, still facing down at his hands.

"Why didn't you grab your earbuds?" Wilbur put out his cigarette and set it in an ashtray that sat on the railing and moved to sit next to Tommy, "I know listening to music grounds you"

"I dunno" Tommy itched his hand to distract himself as he started to disocate again, "I think I forgot"

Wilbur put an arm around him in an attempt to ground him, "Let's go back home and you can go to bed"

Tommy hummed and stood up, he was still disoriented but he was glad that Wilbur was there to help.

358 words.

~inspired by the playlist Soft on Spotify, an odd feeling, and AMegaKinnie~