why do you build me up...

"...just to let me down."

did you just 2

Trigger Warning(s): Implied Self Harm And Abuse

Tommy's glossy eyes scanned the new streets, the light blue sky painted just outside the window of the small cafe he and the others had gone to for breakfast

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Tommy's glossy eyes scanned the new streets, the light blue sky painted just outside the window of the small cafe he and the others had gone to for breakfast. His father had left him with Wilbur and Phil, the two had arrived earlier that day and together they had all found a small shop to get some food at. The others sat at a table in the middle of the cafe but Tommy stayed on the sidelines, a comfortable stool set next to a large window, perfect for watching the movements of everything outside.

"Hey Tommy!" Suddenly Phil had sat on the stool opposite of him, setting his food on the small table between the two before speaking up again, "I thought you would be more excited to see us!" he laughed at the remark, the boy had seemed so eager to finally meet the others only a few weeks ago but now a glum expression tinted his face.

Tommy shrugged, he knew he should speak up but the habit of staying as silent as possible stuck with him. A shiver ran down his spine as he was reminded of  his father, he was happy that him and the others were meeting so he wouldn't be left alone with him until the day they went back home.

"Did you get anything for breakfast?" Phil questioned, taking a bite from his sandwich.

Tommy nodded, his gaze fixed on the outside but he wasn't paying attention to the things in front of him, what he motioned was a lie but Phil didn't need to know that. Tommy attention was put to the atmosphere around him, the loud people stepping in and out of the shop, the bell that rung when they did, the tired workers only just starting their shift. He noticed it all.

"Well in a bit Wil said we could go the the beach." Phil continued his meal, seeming to have not eaten yet and only having the sandwich for a small bit of food. Tommy would have acted the same if he wasn't used to being hungry already.

"Hello Tommy." Wilbur seemed to appear out of nowhere, standing next to his stool, "How are you?"

"I'm good." Tommy finally looked away from the window and turned his attention to the man that stood next to him, leaning on the side of his chair.

"Where's all your energy gone?" Wilbur chuckled, usually the boy would be bouncing around and speaking every few seconds.

"I dunno, probably just tired." Tommy smiled, it was fake but he didn't think Wilbur noticed.

"It is pretty early..." Wilbur turned to glance out the window Tommy had been looking out of a few minutes prior, a smile appeared on his face as the familiar ocean waves moved in and out of view, "Perfect time to go to the beach!"

"Yup." Phil stood, throwing his wrapper in the bin behind him and wiping his hands on his pants.

"Let's go, your father said he would be at the beach in a bit so we could meet." Wilbur smiled but Tommy tensed, he didn't want his friends to meet the man known as his father, he was worried about what he would say, what he would do. Tommy swallowed stood from his seat, following the others outside, ignoring the mixed feelings that grew in his stomach as the shop's bell rung.

"It really is beautiful out today." Phil motioned to the sky in front of them as the three stepped down the path to the beach.

"Ineed it is." Wilbur smiled at the view, the day seemed perfect to him. Soon they approached the warm white sand, the ocean waved in and out of the shore, bringing rocks and shells along with it. Tommy watched as the others sat on a bench, following along and taking a seat next to Wilbur.

His hand subconsciously moved to his arm as he sat, lifting the sleeve slightly he ran his fingers along the scarred skin. He felt the newer scars, the ones he had made early that day, and the same thoughts came back to him. No matter how hard he tried Tommy was always reminded, he tried to distract himself but the same words always came back to him, you need more. He moved his fingers from the inside of his arm and scrunched his hand into a fist, he wished he could stop but he never did. He shut his eyes and put his head in his hands, leaning down to set his elbows on his knees.

"Tommy" The boy felt Wilbur's hand on his back as a tear streaked down his cheek, he knew he needed to tell the others, he knew he needed help, "Are you okay?"

He shook his head, he wish he could say something but the lump in his throat prevented him from speaking. His chest ached for oxygen but he couldn't breathe. More tears streamed down his face but he covered them with his hands, he couldn't let himself cry in front of the others.

"Tommy, listen to me." Wilbur's voice interrupted his destructive thoughts, "I need you to look at me and breathe." Tommy shook his head again, he didn't want to face the man next to him, "You have to."

Tommy moved his hands from his eyes and looked up at Wilbur, he felt like he was going to be sick from the feelings inside of him, "Tommy breathe with me." The man inhaled but Tommy shook his head and shut his eyes tighter than before, taking short, choppy breaths instead of ones that would help him get air. Wilbur held the boys arm, he had seemed to go through this before, which would have worried Tommy if he wasn't feeling as if he were to pass out.

"Breathe with me please." Wilbur whispered the words, the way he acted reminded Tommy of an older brother he could never have had. An older brother who could have protected him from his father, from his peers, from himself, so he nodded and opened his eyes. Wilbur took a deep breath so Tommy tried to mimic, inhaling as much of the oxygen around him as he could. Then Wilbur exhaled and Tommy did too, already feeling as if he could breathe again.

For several moments the two stayed silent until Tommy's breathing was back to normal, and then Wilbur spoke up, "Now, can you tell me what's wrong?" Wilbur let go of Tommy's arm, looking the boy in the eyes, he wasn't mad, he looked understanding. Tommy looked down at his arm, slowly his hand travelled to the sleeve and he pulled it up, revealing everything that had scarred his skin. Tommy waited for a moment, expecting the other man to get mad at him, to scream, to ignore, to leave and never talk to him again, but that never came. He thought the man who he had seen as an older brother would abandon him like the others who had called him their son, their family, or even just their friend. Instead Tommy felt arms around him and he was pulled into a hug, Wilbur didn't ask questions, he understood.

1217 words.

~inspired by a request~

Tommyinnit Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें