i'm nothing like you

"What makes you think I'm so special?"

"What the hell Tubbo you should be listening!" Schlatt's booming voice had rung out over anyone else stood in the small office

"What the hell Tubbo you should be listening!" Schlatt's booming voice had rung out over anyone else stood in the small office. Tommy's attention immediately darted to the man, anger already forming in his mind as he saw the expression plastered on his face. Tubbo coward away and shielded himself, the action had provoked Tommy even farther, enough to make him turn from the men he stood next to towards the newly voted president in front of him.

"Yeah Tubbo watch where you walk." Quakity's bitter laugh stung the air, blatantly making fun of the boy stood next to him with no remorse.

"I'm sorry, Schlatt." Tubbo bowed his head, wishing not to be hurt by the powerful man.

"What did I say to call me?" Schlatt muttered the words as he raised his hand up, ready to smack the kid who had made a slip of tongue. Tubbo instinctively flinched away from the man, he had done this before, it had only been a few hours since he had been in office and the citizens already ran from him. Before his hand could strike the young boy Tommy stepped in front of him, taking the hit straight to his the side of his face.

Niki gasped at the action, she could see the anger clouding in his eyes but Tommy hadn't even flinched, instead facing Schlatt, "I may not be aloud in your land and Tubbo may have left us" Tommy glanced at the other and frowned momentarily, he understood the decision but it hurt him still,"But he is still my friend. And you don't get to hurt my friends."

Schlatt scoffed at the young boy in front of him, he was just a kid and he was talking back to the now president of the land he had made.

"Watch yourself kid." Schlatt grabbed Tommy's collar in an attempt to intimidate him, "I run this place now, not you, or pretty boy over there." He nodded to Wilbur who stood by the door, a disappointed and sad look held in his eyes.

Tommy swallowed nervously as he glanced to the former president but he still stood his ground, "Doesn't give you any right to push people around."

Schlatt frowned with an evil look in his eyes, letting go of the boy's collar. He turned to Quackity before answering back to Tommy, "Get out of my office."

"Gladly." Tommy turned to Tubbo and the anger melted from his face, he nodded at his friend in an attempt to reassure him that all of this would be over soon, in a way to comfort him. He faced back at the doors of the room and stepped out of the cramped space, the tension leaving as he exited.

465 words.

~inspired by a cover of the song Love Like You by Ashe and Caleb Hyles~