25

Song: sunkissed by khai dreams

Molly - 16 weeks pregnant

I'm stood in my usual spot in the kitchen, the house quiet and the sun long gone. I couldn't sleep again, my back hurting too much to get comfortable in bed, so I decided to come downstairs to sneak some ice cream, but made the dumb decision to check all of my many notifications.

So now here I am, my ice cream long forgotten and reading messages and comments that are causing a silent stream of tears to fall down my face. I don't know how long I've stood here going through all the comments on both my account and Harry's, but it's felt like hours. I know I should stop reading but I can't help it. And I know I should focus on the many positive comments but for some reason one negative comment is overpowering five positive ones.

All of the comments are getting to me, subconsciously telling me I shouldn't be here. That I should just pack up my things and disappear, it would be better for Harry if I did that. That way I can't ruin his life and hold him back from his dreams. He's finally getting what he wants in his solo career and who am I to take that away from him?

I know he says the baby won't change his career, but it will. He'll constantly push things back in order to be with me or the baby. And eventually it'll all just get pushed to the side permanently, and I can't let him to that to himself and to everyone who loves him and believes in him. I know he can accomplish so much in his life, he has the talent and the perseverance to do so. A baby will throw all of that off.

I can't do that to him.

"Molly?"

I whipped my head around, quickly setting my phone down and wiping my tears. He looked at me like I was crazy and I mentally cursed myself for how obvious my actions just were.

"What are you doing?" He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, his eyelids heavy and his shoulders slumped over.

"Uhm, nothing, just couldn't sleep like always." I shrugged my shoulders and tried my best to laugh, but I could sense that he saw right through me. He padded softly to me, squinting at my face in the dim lighting before grabbing my phone, looking at what I was looking at. His face softened immediately before setting my phone back down, turning to look at me.

"Molly. . ."

"It's nothing, I'm fine." I pushed away his words, full of sadness and pity. I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist lightly, turning me around to face him again. His hand reached up to wipe away a fallen tear, cupping around my cheek.

"You're not. . . talk to me. Remember I told you I'm here for you? Even if it's four in the morning." He tried to crack a joke and it worked a little, a soft smile and a breath of a laugh exhaled from my lips. I sighed, leaning my head into his hand, enjoying the small amount of comfort it brought me.

"I tried to ignore it all, but you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat." I shrugged my shoulders, my eyes diverting to the ground, staring at our sock covered feet.

"Talk to me, what's going on in your head?" His finger rested on my chin, tilting my head to look at him. I contemplated telling him the truth or not, but the way he was looking at me with such sincerity and kindness in his eyes made me melt. I groaned, closing my eyes.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" I could hear the confusion laced in his voice. I opened my eyes to see his head tilted to the side, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Like I'm the only person in the world."

"Well right now, you're the only person that matters."