18

Molly

"Hey Sarah?" I called out for her while I was making us some late night ice cream for our movie. Luckily she wasn't as anal about my diet as Harry was.

"Yeah?" Her voice was raised so I could hear it above the volume of the tv, which was playing the ending credits of the other movie we just watched. Ever since we got home from shopping we've just been laying around watching movies, catching up on each other's lives and talking about stupid shit.

"Have you heard from Mitch or Harry?" I grabbed the two bowls, walking the short distance to the living room. I sat down, handing her a bowl and crossing my legs, setting my bowl in my lap.

"Uhm," she grabbed her phone, checking for any notifications before shaking her head, setting it back down. "No I haven't, why?"

"Well, I know he said he was out and he'd be back later but he's usually home by now." I furrowed my eyebrows checking the time, noticing just how late it was. It was nearing midnight and I haven't heard from Harry in five hours, which is odd for him. He likes to text and make sure I'm okay throughout the day, it's also odd for him to be out this late.

"I'm sure he's fine Molly, he and Mitch can tend to get lost in themselves, he'll be home soon." I sighed, nodding my head, knowing she was probably right.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just overreacting. Hormones probably." I shrugged my shoulders, scooping some ice cream onto my spoon, bringing the utensil to mouth. We fell into silence soon after, watching as the opening credits of the movie were displayed. I finished my ice cream quickly, the bowl left discarded on the coffee table in front of us. My legs were laying in Sarah's lap, my head propped up on the arm of the couch, turned towards the tv. I knew I was overreacting, and the hormones weren't all to blame. I knew my feelings for him were part of it. The feelings for him I didn't want to fully admit to myself, but I knew there were there.

I didn't want to admit I liked him because I'm so deathly afraid all of this will end, everything we have in our little bubble will be gone. Once the whole world knows about me and the baby, every ounce of security that I have will be taken away. I won't be just some person in the crowd anymore, I'll be on center stage. Our relationship won't be a secret, it'll be everyone's business. And I want what we have, whatever we have, to last. If not for me than for the baby. I want it to have a family, a secure family.

But I also feel like the minute I admit my feelings, it'll all come crumbling down. So for now, I'll keep my true feelings to myself, nobody needs to know yet.

My phone started ringing and I groaned, stretching to grab it. Who the hell is calling me this late at night. I sighed when I turned it over, seeing Harry's name flash on my phone. I accepted the call, pressing it to my ear.

"Hell0?" Sarah looked at me in confusion and I mouthed his name to her and she nodded with a smile and a roll of her eyes.

"Heeeey baby." His voice came out in a distant slur, his words being drowned out by other people and loud music.

"Are you drunk?"

"Possibly. . ." I rolled my eyes, letting my head fall back onto the couch behind me. "Well, most definitely, but that's not the point. I mean, it's sort of the point but whatever." I laughed at his drunken rambling, cutting his words off before he started talking nonsense.

"What's up Harry?"

"Well, it seems that Mitch and I can no longer drive, and we have no way home. So. . . can you come get us?" I sighed, looking at Sarah. I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"They're waisted and need us to go get them." She laughed at me, setting my legs on the floor and standing up.

"Typical."