Chapter 42

Taehyung behaved like his normal self, lonely with a brooding expression and a slumped body, as he walked towards Jungkook's room.

He was happy that there was no one in the hall at that time to look at him with pitiful glances or to ask him useless questions like “are you okay”, or “do you need anything.”

It wasn't the time to pity him. It was the time to be scared of him, to be scared of what he going to do and how he is going to cut all the limits binding him so that he can take the revenge for his brother.

Taehyung knocked the door of Jungkook's room before allowing himself inside. The other was currently sitting on his bed, doing nothing, but he turned his full attention on Taehyung when he entered.

"Hey."

"Hello." Taehyung smiled as he closed the door.

"How are you?" Jungkook asked instinctively.

"I am fine. Are you busy?" Taehyung asked, with a fake nervous glance at Jungkook.

"Umm...I was going to take a shower but I will be quick. Just sit over here." Jungkook was clearly trying his best to make Taehyung feel welcomed and comfortable. The actions almost provoked his feelings but their was a hint of doubt and of betrayal mixed with it. It wasn't the giddy, blissful attachment Taehyung had felt before. The feelings were changed. Everything has changed.

Taehyung nodded, the smile still on his face, as he sat cozily, with a trace of awkwardness following it.

After checking that Taehyung was at ease, Jungkook went into the attached bathroom while flashing a sweet grin in the direction of Taehyung.

As soon as Jungkook locked his door, Taehyung stood up, all the beams and smiles long gone.

He started searching. Looking for anything, a phone, a notebook, laptop or any clue that will give away Jungkook's secret and his mafia identity, if he had one.

The first place he looked was under the bed but Taehyung didn't find anything, as he had expected. Quickly, he rushed towards the wardrobe. Without making any sound, he started looking in between the hangers, in the pockets of jeans and pants, and double checked the bottom of the furniture by sliding his hands back and forth.

Nothing.

Taehyung impatiently turned his attention towards the bedside tables, as he quickly opened the drawers to check on the stuff inside, hoping to find anything.

No such luck.

He plopped on the bed hopelessly but he didn't want to give up. He scanned the room with his eyes, looking at every corner, stripping the whole room by the intensity of his eyes.

Then at the last minute, Taehyung's gaze fell on the black backpack, which was placed under a chair in the very right corner. That bag was camouflaged in the shadows, it's colour being an advantage. That's why Taehyung hadn't seen it before.

There was no sense of victory nor any happiness when Taehyung found that bag. If the bag held what Taehyung thought it had, if the bad was successful in telling him about who Jungkook was in reality, then he will never be the same. There was no sense of victory while one's heart is wailing continuously in the cage of ribs and chest bones.

~Near the end~