Chapter 23

"Fuck this shit."

Jungkook woke up due to the alarm which had started buzzing for the fifth time. He got up, looked at the time and had to double check because the clock showed that it was 2:18 pm. He hurriedly freshened up to check that whether there were any missed calls from his secretary or any notice that the time for the meeting was delayed but there wasn't any notice or call.

Jungkook relaxed and then focused on his rumbling stomach. He hadn't eaten since yesterday and the hunger was gnawing him from inside but he didn't want to face everyone as they were quite likely to ask him questions.

"Fuck it. I don't care." Jungkook mumbled to himself and quickly got out from his room.

He noticed the whole mansion was unusually quiet and he could see no one except the servants and Evangeline, who was standing near the stairs. Jungkook made his way towards her, ready to interrogate about everyone.

"Good afternoon, Evangeline." Jungkook smiled.

"Good morning, sir." She replied back with an equally bright smile.

"Where is everyone?"

"They are probably sleeping. All of them got late except Taehyung." She said.

"When did Taehyung return?"

"After an hour when you came back. He asked about you and I said that you were in your room. When he saw that you were sleeping, he told me to not disturb you and went inside his own room." Evangeline told.

"So is he awake?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, he is. He woke up around 9 O'clock but he had to do some important work so he doesn't want to be disturbed."

"I see. Thank you. And Evangeline, can you please prepare breakfast for me and send it to my room?"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When Jungkook had finished his breakfast + lunch, the clock struck 2:55 pm. He still had time for the meeting and it was on call so he didn't have to look presentable.

To waste his time, Jungkook went out without any reason in his mind. But as soon as he stepped out he heard a voice near the other end of the hall.

"Psst! Come here." Jungkook turned around to see that it was Jin who was motioning his hand towards himself. A small smile automatically appeared on Jungkook's face as he made his way towards Jin's room. Maybe it was the childish and comfortable aura around him that eased Jungkook so much whenever he was around Jin.

"Hey." Jungkook said as he stepped inside the room.

"You are such a sleepyhead."

"Says the one who has just woken up and- don't even bother to ask how do I know that- it is quite apparent because of your morning hair." Jungkook said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Whatever. I didn't call you here to discuss about my morning hair and who is more lazy."

"Then why?"

"Because I wanted to ask why did a scarecrow win an award?" Jin sat on his bed and pointed at Jungkook to do the same.

"Huh?" Jungkook was so confused that he literally sat on the air, instead of the bed, causing him to trip horribly.

"Answer it. Why did a scarecrow win an award?" Jin asked, trying to contain his laughter at Jungkook's reaction.

"I don't know?"