Chapter 25

On Sunday morning, the first thing that Jungkook did was to place a call to the head of his hackers from his mafia gang. The call was picked up quickly and Jungkook started firing the orders.

"Hello, I have got a task for all of your team members. You know Kim Ji-hoon, right? Hack his bank account. I know that it requires a lot of time and effort but you all have to do it as early as possible. Inform me when it's done."

After ordering them to do the task at hand, Jungkook ended the call and checked his laptop for emails from Hoseok or Andrew. As he had expected, he had received emails from both of them.

Jungkook first checked his secretary's message which said,

"Sir, I have transferred the fee for this month to Andrew's account as you had asked. And I have to inform you that everything is going perfectly over here."

Hoseok had also attached the picture of the receipt that showed the successful transfer of money.

Jungkook then went to read Andrew's email, hoping that it was about something useful. It was written:

"I have got some documents and proof about the times Mr. Kim had cheated with his fellow dealers, one of the reasons why I wanted to break my deal with him. If all those documents and files got leaked, I am sure that his reputation will surely decrease and the people who saved him from the police might also change their sides. Should I send them?"

When Jungkook had read all of the text, he quickly replied with, "Yes, send it." He really owed a lot to Andrew due to the fact that he was really useful, as Jungkook had expected.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

This time, it was Jungkook's turn to wander around the hall as he thought of the things that he could do. There were endless possibilities of the tasks he could do but none of them catched the attention of his heart.

Then, acting like he "accidentally" did it, Jungkook stood in front of Taehyung's room and, without any knocking or a warning, he invited himself inside the room.

Taehyung was sitting on his bed, doing some work on his laptop. He looked up when Jungkook entered and flashed him a smile which quickly turned into a small frown.

"Dude, where are your manners?"

"In hell." Jungkook replied as he sat in front of Taehyung.

"You should go there yourself too." Taehyung said as he turned his attention towards his laptop again.

"Will you come with me, then?"

"I would already be there, as the Satan." Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook kept quiet for a few seconds and when Taehyung made no attempts to start up a conversation, he annoyingly said, "Seriously? This is so rude. Shut this thing off."

"What? I have to complete it, 'bro'." Taehyung said, with an emphasis on the last word, and looked at Jungkook to see his reaction.

"Why 'bro' when you can call me 'sis'." Jungkook said with a fake smile, plastered on his face.

"Why 'sis' when I call you 'son'." Taehyung chuckled once again.

"So that means I have to call you father. That's a unique kink you have got." Jungkook smirked.

"Haha, very funny. Can't stop laughing." Taehyung said as he looked at Jungkook with a blank face, then continued, "Anyways, shutup. I have to do my work."

Jungkook rolled his eyes but did as he was told to. He looked around the room and tried to find something till Taehyung was done with his work. But then he suddenly realized, after 15 minutes of unbearable silence, that he should probably ask him about the tasks, maybe it will give him a hint to what Kim was focusing on these days.

"Hmm so what are these tasks about?" Jungkook asked.

"I can't tell you everything about it but I can tell you that I have to send some amount to an anonymous person. It is usually Yoongi's work but he is busy with some other stuff so here I am transferring the money for my dad."

"Ah, so you were doing the same yesterday, as well?" Jungkook continued to question.

"Umm no. It was something else but I can't tell you about it. That task was really secret, unlike this one." Taehyung looked at Jungkook apologetically.

"Oh okay." Jungkook went quiet as he thought about the unknown person Taehyung was sending money to and what was the reason behind it.

But he couldn't dwell on it for a long time as Taehyung said, "By the way, tell me something about yourself."

"Ah, so my name is Jeon Jungkook. I am 23 years-"

"No shit, Sherlock. Tell me something which is not this obvious."

"I was going to say it before you cut my sentence. So, my hobbies are singing, sports, dancing and boxing. My favorite colours are red, and black. I won't tell you my likes, because I don't know much about them myself, but I dislike school subjects, bugs and fake people who try to show that they are cool but fail miserably. That's it, I guess."

"Hmm, what about your siblings?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't have any." Jungkook gave a short answer to show that he didn't want to talk about it.

"And your parents?"

"Died when I was 13 years old." Jungkook said with steel in his voice.

Fortunately, Taehyung didn't say anything on the topic, maybe because he got the hint or the fact that he knew that sometimes people don't really want to talk about such deep topics.

Taehyung smoothly changed the topic by saying, "My hobbies are drawing, singing, photography, and playing basketball. Favorite colours are gray and purple. I dislike coffee, spicy food, and judgmental people. I suck at cooking. Whatever you do, don't make me cook or I will burn the whole kitchen."

"I expected you to suck at cooking. Hardly anyone who is so good looking can be good at it." Jungkook said.

"You think I am good looking?" Taehyung abruptly stopped typing and looked at Jungkook.

"Of course. Whoever thinks that you are not handsome is a fool and, very obviously, blind."

Taehyung bent his face trying to look that he was focusing on the keyboard while in reality he was trying to hide the small smile that had appeared on his face because of the compliment.

After that, comfortable silence spread in the room as Taehyung continued to do his work in full concentration while Jungkook stared around and tried not to disturb the other.

"DONE! Finally done! Happy Independence!" Taehyung shouted gleefully, lifting up his arms in victory.

"Thank God. But wait," Jungkook frowned and grabbed Taehyung's uplifted hands and started massaging them with light, feather like touches, "You should relax your muscles first. They must be really tense and it might cause you muscle pain. Even after this much training you didn't even learn such a basic rule."

Taehyung almost snatched back his hand because of the sudden skin contact from Jungkook's side which he hadn't expected at all. But his heart melted upon the kindness the other was showing, hidden in his harsh words.

Jungkook felt Taehyung's gaze upon him and looked towards him, locking his own black eyes with Taehyung's brown ones. His hands were massaging slowly on their own record while he continued to stare intensely at the other.

Before Jungkook could lose himself in the vastness of the galaxy-like eyes, someone knocked at the door and informed that the lunch was ready and they should come downstairs.

Guess who is updating after a whole week? Ofc, me 🤡

Also, the comeback! Goddamn, BE is such a freaking masterpiece like I am absolutely in love with every track in there. And THE MV?! OMG, JUNGKOOK DID SUCH A GREAT JOB IN DIRECTING IT! I am so proud of him 😔💜

Anyhow, I hope you liked this chapter!