NAWATOBI! Part 1 - ( 34 )

Thank you for your patience and waiting for this chapter to come out. I just had exams and anxiously waited for the results for the past three weeks and the exhaustion from it all must've caught up. I just wasn't in the state of mind to write an actual chapter. So thank you for waiting patiently.

This chapter was saved as 'NAwatobi honestly why do I try anymoreeee' on my laptop so, that's how writing this chapter went. I hope you enjoy.

 I hope you enjoy

●●●●●●●●●

"Nawatobi – Jump Rope"

●●●●●●●●●

Izuku yawned as Midnight shouted the event. 'Jump rope? Really?' Midnight cackled at everyone's faces before eventually calming down. A cheeky grin erupted on her face before she slammed her whip onto the stage once more. Izuku glanced around him to see the majority of the students with confused expressions as they stared at the R-rated hero. Kacchan was looking up at her with an annoyed expression, with his hands tucked into his pockets, eye violently twitching and his teeth biting his lips to an extent that the villain was honestly terrified that the blonde would bite his lips off. Izuku. Added a mental note to get Kacchan anger management classes because that level of anger was not healthy for anybody.

"Nawatobi! A jump rope will be swung across the arena but don't be thinking this is easy! The rope will be 4 meters in diameter and will be long enough to be sung across the entire arena!" Izuku couldn't help but chuckle. UA somehow managed to make a game for 5-year olds into a deadly event. At least they're staying on brand. "There are no such things as safe spots in this event! Traps will be thrown in too so even if you avoid the rope, there's still something to be worried about!"

Whispers rippled throughout the arena, students and spectators alike were talking about the event. Izuku stretched his hands above his head and bent his back slightly. Maybe sleeping with Toga and Eri on a single bed wasn't a good idea but it was that or the floor. On second thought, maybe the floor was a better option. Izuku huffed in slight irritation. Oh well, it was too late now. The greenette turned to glance at his friends. Toga was happily chatting with Uraraka and Tsu- Asui and Dabi was hanging off of the younger Todoroki's shoulder, probably because he got no sleep last night due to the villain squads' inability to let him have an actual full night's (or even half a night's) rest. Shoto's face was a blank slate as he supported his brother (who weighs more than him). Man, with his hair he really does look like a candy cane. Wait, if Shoto was a candy cane, then Dabi was probably something like licorice? Izuku only fell into a deeper spiral after that, linking Fuyumi to McDonald's strawberry sundae and Rei to plain vanilla. Wait, that's an insult to Rei.

"GET IN YOUR POSITIONS!" Midnight's shout shocked him out of his daydreaming.

Students scattered away from the center like mice, thinking that the further away they were, the less likely they were to be taken out by the rope because ... you know, when you swing a rope, only the center of it touches the ground... Why am I explaining this to you? The villains remained where they were, not caring enough to go to a "safer area". A few people from class 2-A stayed as well but mostly they all went away from the center. The younger Todoroki was forced to stay as Todoroki senior was still draped on his back and he honestly didn't have the heart to wake him up.

Eri's voice erupted from the speakers, her timid voice shouting her best "BEGIN!"

Izuku looked up, where a humungous rope came barreling towards him. He felt a pull on his hoodie (since the villains were allowed to wear their own clothes) and he was pulled back before the rope could hit him. He turned to. See his savior, only to be met with a pissed Katsuki. "DAMN NERD, FOCUS!"

Izuku pouted before searching for the rest of their group. Dabi was now wide awake, though he was still swaying slightly as he was abruptly awoken only moments before. Shoto was at his side, staring worriedly at his brother. Izuku searched for his other villainous friend but couldn't find her. Did she already get thrown out? He could vaguely hear Katsuki grumble beside him but he too occupied with the female blonde that was clinging onto the jump rope itself. It looked... fun.

Bakugo must've seen the look on Izuku's face but it was too late for him to do anything.

"Good Luck Kacchan! I'm going to have some fun!" Katsuki sighed before turning and heading somewhere that wasn't as dangerous as the center.

Izuku b lined towards Dabi and grabbed his arm. Giving Shoto a quick nod and smile, the Todoroki let go of his half-dead brother before heading somewhere else in the arena. Izuku shook the taller boy to wake him up more before the rope once more came upon them. The two males heard Toga whoop as the rope came closer. Izuku sent Dabi a cheeky grin, which sent a feeling of dread through him, before tightening his grip on Dabi's arm and leaping upwards. Using his quirk slightly, he pulled the two of them towards the rope, dragging a screaming Dabi with him. The two landed on the rope and Izuku used his quirk to keep the two of them on the rope as they were swung alongside the rope. How did Toga stay on here without a quirk? Only she knew.

They trudged their way towards Toga; Dabi complaining the entire time. Toga noticed them and Izuku quickly placed his quirk on her too, before she jumped up and crushed the two of them into a hug. "IZU! DABI! Nice of you to join me!"

Izuku smirked and pushed Toga out of the hug. "Well it seemed fun and I decided to drag Dabi along for the ride." Dabi grunted beside the two of them.

Toga giggled as they stared at the arena below them. The rope moved fast, but the trio could still see enough of the arena without having the urge to puke everywhere. Explosions erupted beneath them, probably coming from traps but Bakugo was a possibility. Shards of ice were flying through the air as the rope swung its way through towers of ice (most likely from Todoroki). They could see smoke, mushrooms and even... dolls? It was complete mayhem. The only thing they could see is that the number of students had significantly dropped. Students were being flung into the crowd or the edge of the arena and those were the lucky ones. There were a few who were caught up in the multitudes of traps. There were projectiles being aimed at the students and even robots!

Izuku grinned at the sight. This was fun! Especially when he wasn't the one getting hurt. Huh, this was why he enjoyed being a villain. Who knew? He turned to see Toga cackling, with a blush spread across her face, and Dabi with a smirk on his scarred face.

"THE VILLAINS HAVE FOUND REFUGE ON THE ROPE! WHAT. A STRATEGY RIGHT ERI!"

"Yeah...! Izu-nii and Toga-nee are smart!"

"...How about Dabi?"

"...sure."

●●●●●●●●●

I'm currently in the back of my class writing this because I felt productive so that's what I'm spending my lunch break doing. And I see all these back to school videos popping up and here I am with a January to November school year not able to join in because guess what, I'm already in school. Woe is me.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter though!

【DaydreamInProgress】