Watts and Salem sit simultaneously.

Salem continues speaking in her effortlessly enchanting voice as she refuted Watts' claim.

"Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. Also, Jack not only perfected the Aura transfer machine you failed to complete, but has also managed to subdue and contain one of the greatest threats to our cause. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?"

Watts grimaced at the mention that Lang had surpassed him. Then he straightens his face and replies.

"Well, not only is the 'problem' that Jack had been messing around with not stuck in the deep freeze yet, but the girl with the Silver Eyes could still be a problem."

Hazel speaks up for the first time as Watts and Lang stared daggers at each other.

"Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it that a novice was able to best one of us?"

Watts felt vindicated as he looked back at Cinder with a half satisfied and half sneering face.

"My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless."

Salem re-enters the conversation in a motherly tone, still smooth, but almost a teaching tone rather than a husky one.

"It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment."

Cinder is unhappy about this and lowers her head. Emerald looks at her in sympathy.

Salem now turns to Watts again.

"Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral."

Watts nods respectfully.

"Very good."

Salem looks at the resident psychopathic assassin.

"Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden."

Tyrian resumes his creepy laughing before answering Salem.

"Gladly."

Salem turns to Jack Lang, a salacious smile on her face.

"Break the Titan and make sure cryostasis can contain him. Once we figure that out, we are one step closer to final victory. So far, I am pleased with your progress."

Lang smiled and nodded his head.

"So you say, so shall it be."

Salem turns to the largest man in the room.

"And Hazel, I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same."

Hazel nods and replies in his gruff voice.

"As you wish."

Cinder raises a finger. Emerald fails to notice this gesture for a moment.

Emerald speaks out hesitantly.

"Oh!"

Emerald leans in to hear Cinder.

Cinder rasps into her ear. Emerald straightens.

Salem looks at Emerald kindly.

"Speak, child."