chapter 30: dragon scales

A/ C - you can yell at me -
I give you permission to yell at me
But on the brightside here is a chapter!
- so dont yell at me -

Nobody p.o.v

Natsu sighed before lowering his gaze from Nalu's eyes.

"Natsu, you've been acting so weird," Lucy insisted, clasping Natsu's cold hands. "I thought you were happy for me now that I've finally found my mother-

"I am!" Natsu interrupted. Lucy's eyes filled to the brim with tears much to Natsu's dismay. "No Luce don't cry."

"I'm sorry, its just..." she wept. "Its a lot to take in,  I grew up pretty much without my mother. So i don't really know what its like..."

Lucy looked up into Natsu's dark eyes desperately. "What if I can't be the daughter she needs and wants."

"Dont talk like that!" Natsu said. "I dont know one person who doesn't like you!"

"Lisanna," Lucy sniffed.

Natsu bit his lip. "Listen, whether we are able to revive your mother or not... if she doesnt see what a wonderful person you are...." he started. "Then she just hasnt seen yet how amazing you can be."

He grinned. "You really mean that?" Lucy asked.

"When do I not mean things?"

Natsu p.o.v

I looked down at Lucy crying in my arms. I couldnt tell her the truth now! Not when she was like this.

Besides, we have plenty of time before Lucy revives her mother. I can still warn her before its too late!

"You know Natsu..." Lucy muttered. She looked up and smiled at me. "I think I'm going to revive my mother tomorrow night!"

My heart skipped a beat. "Isn't it a bit too soon!" I spluttered.

"Not at all," Lucy's face drooped. She then took a deep breath. "Natsu... you'd tell me if something was bothering you... right?"

My mouth opened and closed. A day. Thats all I had. Before the era of destruction befalls upon us again and dragons will rule the earth.

"Of course," I reassured with a grin.

There was a short pause. "Hey Luce," I said in a serious tone.

"Ever heard of the Dragon war?"

Lucy p.o.v

I looked at Natsu. He had stopped smiling and his eyes were more narrowed and serious.

"I can't say I've come across it..." I muttered.

Hey... didn't my father mention something about some dragon war.

"But I do know that dragons exist!" I exclaimed. "If magic is real then anything is possible."

Without warning, Natsu yelled in paik gripping his arm. My eyes widened in panic.

"Natsu are you..." my voice trailed off as I stared down at Natsu's arm in horror.

"Dragon scales?!"

-------

Okay this chapter is short I know but its mainly cuz my mind has gone b l a n k. I started writing this when I was like 12 (and Im certainly not 12 now)
And i started this story with no plot or idea... but instead of deleting it I decided to add onto it now (now older) and turn it into an engagin plot.

That I have been struggling to keep consistent. :(

This story does have an ending... its jusy slow...

I have not abandoned NALU!
You will get updates on this chapter.....

Once in a blue moon :)