Chapter seven: Cheer season

Natsu P.O.V

"Today the Cheerleaders will be practising their cheer dance with you while your playing," the coach explained as we were warming up.

That means Lucy, too!

"That means there are to be certain rules to follow such as no flirting with the cheerleaders, they are to practise not get harassed, understand!" the coach said. 

"Yes, sir!" we all chanted. 

I felt a nudge on my elbow. I looked up to see Elfman, a basketball defender grinning at me. "My sister's one of them," he said. "And a good one too."

"And the hottest girl in the school," I heard Laxus say behind me as he tied his shoe laces. 

The doors suddenly flew open and a line of cheerleaders were entering the gym hall. There was Lisanna, leading them.

"Come on, Hurry up!" she called to the others.

Laxus wolf whistled as Mirajane entered the gym but the coach gave him a warning look. I glanced at the line of girls... no Lucy. She was probably running late, knowing her, she is fussing over her pigtails. 

Just then, the doors opened again and a blonde girl ran into the room. Even Laxus looked up and stared at her. 

I looked down at the floor and blushed.

"Sorry I'm late!" She cried. 

It was Lucy.

Lucy P.O.V

Lisanna rolled her eyes at me like it wasn't the first time... which it was.

"how am I meant to run a squad when some people don't even bother to turn up on time," she said. 

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again," I muttered.

"I hope so, cuz if it does that will give you a permanent exclusion from the Cheer squad," Lisanna grinned sweetly as if she was doing me a favour. But I could see deep in her eyes that if she wasn't in front of the Basketball team then she would have kicked me out the team before I could say the words 'Harsh Much'.

I nodded and joined the others.  The coach in the gym blew his whistle.

"Everyone get into their positions and remember, aim for the net!" he said before shouting. "Play!"

I collected 2 pom pom's from a box and started chanting like I had practised before. 

"2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate!" 

I lifted up Mirajane's foot onto my palms to give her a leg up so that she could preform a human tower. But somehow something went wrong. Either her soles were too slippery or I wasn't sturdy enough but it happened all so quickly that all I can remember is a blur.

I could see Mirajane falling and a pair of strong arms reach out, then Mirajane was in Elfman's arms. 

"Mira!" I cried. "Are you alright?"

Mira nodded unsurely. 

"Thanks to Elf man's amazing reflexes I think I'll be just fine," she said, climbing out of his arms and smiled at Elfman. "Thanks."

Elfman shrugged. I rushed up to Mirajane. "I'm so sorry, its all my fault!"

"Its not your fault, its nobody'd fault but mine," Mira said, limping towards the bench. "Though I think I hurt my leg."

Lisanna rushed up to Mirajane and helped her sit down. Maybe she did have a piece of care in her heart after all.

"I can't believe you would injure Mirajane for your own faults!" She suddenly cried.

I was taken back of shock and I wasn't the only one. 

"I told you it was nobody's fault but mine, sis," Mirajane muttered.

"Why would I injure Mirajane?" I asked breathlessly.

"Probably because you cant stand having a superior, I mean you care about yourself after all," Lisanna cried.

I was disgusted. "I'm sorry Lisanna but the only person here with no heart is you and you know it!" I folded my arms and glared at her. 

"Whatever," she said and helped Mira stand up properly and started to take her to the infirmary but it was a struggle.

"Let me help!" I heard someone say. It was Natsu.  I smiled. Natsu wrapped his arm round Mira-jane's shoulder and Elfman  held the other.

Lisanna said nothing. She just watched then go. I could see that she was hurting but I suppose it served her right.

"Happy now?" She hissed at me before rolling her eyes and walking away.

I sighed. What part of it wasn't my fault didn't she get?

***

"We've got 3 days till cheer season, the big game, I don't know if I'll be able to recover by then," Mira said, clutching her crutches.

"But you must!" I cried. "The team needs you, your the glue that holds us all together!"

Mira smiled weakly.

"I feel like this is all my fault," I said. "Maybe Lisanna is right, it's always my fault."

I felt Mira-jane stop so I stopped too.

"Lisanna can be right a pain sometimes and she's my sister but that doesn't mean that she's right about everything, even though she is very clever," Mira said. "And like I said, it wasn't your fault!"

I sighed. I knew she was right, but why did I still feel guilty?

----------------------------
Hey guys, I hope your enjoying my nalu. I'm going to be updating more quicker for a while so be sure to keep up.

Thx for reading.

X