chapter eleven: A new world left unexplored (Gruvia Chapter) part 2

Nobody's point of view

"These herbs," Lucy said looking standing in the middle of a field. "Must be pretty rare to be able to grow in only one specific place."

A tall man approached her and stood by her side. "Indeed, I put it up to myself to look after these herbs but it's a hard job. These species are dying out."

Lucy looked up at the man's face: he had a scarf wrapped round his neck, blur eyes and black hair. He was tall and slender with a warm smile.

"Behold!" He suddenly said. Lucy squinted at the far distance seeing nothing but grass.

"I can't see anything," Lucy said slowly. "Its a Joke right?"

The man chuckled. "Natsu sent you here, didn't he?"

Lucy stared up at him. "I didn't say... how did you know sir?"

"Mr Birches if you please," the man said. "I know Natsu cuz I knew him as a small boy and he came to visit me often."

"But Natsu said he was allergic to Dragon herbs..."

"Indeed he is, his reaction is quite interesting if you ask me," Mr Birches explained. "But at the same time quite serious."

Lucy looked down at the grass. "But how come I never even heard of dragon herbs until like now and how come Natsu is the only one allergic to it?" She questioned.

Mr Birches smiled to himself. "Now that, is a very different story."

Then he sighed. "I suppose your wanting the dragon herb," he said  finally.

Lucy's eyes lit up.  "But I can't see them, are they hiding?"

Mr Birches chuckled again. "No Lucy, look closer."

Lucy squinted again and shook her head. "Nothing."

Mr Birches looked out into the fields then at Lucy. Not at her, but into her. His blue eyes connected with her chocolate  brown.

"Lucy... do you believe in magic?"

***

Gajeel P.O.V.

It's been hour and I'm still stuck with this guy.

Gray was holding onto my arm in the canteen. Everybody was looking at me with a weird look.

Gray, you owe me one as soon as your fixed up.

"Gray, get off me," I hissed.  "Everyone's staring."

Gray looked at me like I was speaking in Chinese.

"Isn't that a good thing, Gajeekins?"

Oh shit he's given me a nickname now.

"It will ruin my reputation if this goes on," I muttered under my breath.

Hurry Levy. I'm depending on you!

***

Erza P.O.V

I took a bite of Cherry cake and savoured it.

Cake.

"Erza..."

Chocolate. Fudge. Sponge.

"Erza..."

Red velvet. Cheesecake.

"Erza...!"

I snapped out of cake world and glanced around to see Juvia muttering my name. Oh gosh was she calling me? Was it I ignoring her?