chapter four: Boy Alert!

Natsu P.O.V

I closed my locker to see Meredy grinning at me, I jumped in surprise.

"Meredy," I said.

"Hey Natsu," she said to me. "I just wanted to ask, you."

She started walking beside me, bouncing her light pink hair.

"Why did you help Levy to get out of trouble?"

"Cuz it's good to help a friend," I slowly answered. "Why?"

Meredy just shrugged and was about to speak when she was interrupted by Lisanna, who came and gave me a hug... but I didn't hug her back. Then she tried to kiss me but I gently pushed her away.

"Natsu?"

I sighed and carried on walking, Lisanna following me. Meredy gave me a weak smile and went off in the opposite direction, sensing awkwardness. 

"But Natsu...."

"Not now Lisanna," I said as she tried to hug me again.

"What did I do wrong?" She asked me.

I looked into Lisanna's innocent blue eyes as she looked into mine.

"Why did you set up Levy?" I asked her. "She didn't do anything to you!"

Lisanna looked away from my eyes and looked at the floor.

"You... know about that?"

"Of course I know about that, I was there!" I cried, then I placed my hand on her face. It was warm under my palms.

"Why?" I asked. "Levy is my friend, Lucy's friend."

A tear rolled down my cheek as she looked at me with her bright eyes. I wanted answers. I wanted the Truth.

"I... I don't know!" She wept. "I'm sorry, okay, you know I have a demon side I can't control, me and my sister."

She dug her face into my shoulder as she wept. I kind of felt sorry for her.

"Lisanna..."

I lifted her head off my damp shoulder and wiped away her tears. She looked torn and troubled, but under all that mean snob there is a fragile side.

Then she smiled weakly at me and smiled weakly.

"I gotta go," I said slowly. "See you around Lis."

Lucy P.O.V.

2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate

I turned a cartwheel, flashing my pom poms in the air.

Not the king not the Queen

I took a deep breath and stepped on a leg up.

Only Fairytail Academy

I flew into the air and landed into the arms of a few cheerleaders. I let go of my breath and did a round off to finish.

"Good work guys," Lisanna said as we all panted with effort. "Lucy, work on your round off, you look like a sick puppy."  I shot Lisanna a dirty look but didn't contradict her, or might be kicked off the team.

"We need to work on our skills for our routine for the full academy's game," she explained. "The basketball team need our moral support against Sabertooth."

I sipped from my bottle of water and turned to face Mira-jane.

"I've heard of them," I said. "Aren't they the academy who is the top ranks?"

"Yeah and a whole lot of cheaters they are too," Mira-jane added. We walked out of the gym towards the lockers.

"They win every match, don't they?"

Mira-jane nodded and explained that Sabertooth had reigned 7 years in a row.

"But this year will be different, I know," Mira-jane said. "Trust me, Sabertooth won't know what him them."

I nodded in agreement and put my pom poms in my locker.

"I'm going to go hit the showers," I explained and Mira-jane smiled at me and nodded her head before waving goodbye to me.

***

I let the warm water run down my skin as I scrubbed my hair with my favourite shampoo. I loved the school showers after school because it was quiet and nobody could intrude. I switched off the tap and squeezed out any access of water from my hair. 

I creamed my skin before changing into a cool crop top with torn jeans. Then for the finishing touch, I put my hair into two pony tails. I grabbed my bag which had my cheer uniform in it and exited the girls' showers... only to see Natsu waiting for me outside.

"Natsu?" I cried. "What are you doing here... are you stalking me?"

Natsu laughed light heartedly but it seamed forcefully. "Not quite, I saw you go in here so I decided to wait and maybe we could walk home."

"Yeah, and see where I live," I said. "Thanks but no thanks, I already have half the neighbourhood glaring at me, the next thing I don't need is an athlete dropping me home."

"Common," Natsu grinned. "What's the big deal?" 

I paused in my tracks. 

"Everything Natsu, everything."

Natsu P.O.V

I could see that Lucy was hiding a side of her that nobody wanted to find out. Like a voice waiting to be heard. But I didn't go into it, I respected her rights and privacy. 

"I talked Lisanna about what she did to Levy," I said, changing the subject.

"I bet she got all flustered," Lucy said, as we walked down the street.

"Actually, she started crying," I said. "I feel sorry for her, like she can't control herself."

"Natsu, Lisanna is cruel," Lucy exclaimed. "I'm sorry but she put my friend in danger of exclusion, you have no idea how much her studies mean to her."

I sighed and explained that Lisanna was probably just angry and wanted to take her anger out on somebody.

"Well why Levy?" She questioned. "Why not you, or Gajeel or... or me?"

"I don't know ok," I said. "But I'm sure-"

"Well you better find some way to control your girlfriend because at the moment, she's really challenging my limits." Then she walked away from me without a second glance. 

"Lucy..." I muttered

--------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys sorry for the long wait, I have been super busy with homework and stuff. I hope your enjoying  my book and I'll try to update more daily. love you guys.

xox_rere_123