Chapter 34 •Lisanna strikes back•

Lucy flung her bag over her shoulder before rushing out the door.

"Bye ma!" She cried out, closing the door before a response.

The door flung open again and Levy spilled out. "Ugh how do you walk so fast..." she grunted after her.

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Why are you following me?" She questioned.

"Sorry for going to the same SCHOOL as you," tittered levy. "We usually go to school together whats your problem?"

"Nothing is my problem!" Lucy cried pausing in her tracks.

"You never gave me your crystal yesterday," she reminded.

There was a slight pause and Levy shifted on her feet uncomfortably. "Yeah about that..

"You dont trust me," Lucy declared walking into the road almost getting hit by a car.

Levy chased after her. "I never said that," she exasperated. "I just think... we just think that maybe we should take our time and think this through."

She pulled Lucy back from her hood, saving her from a full speed car. Lucy didnt even seem to be paying attention anymore but she said, "Do what you want," she said simply.

"I dont care anymore."

Levy wrinkled her nose as Lucy flew the doors of Fairytail open.

Her eyes fell on a pair of students who seemed to be engaged in conversation. One of them turned and looked at her.

"Lucy!"

Lucy turned at her heels - She should have known. Levy watched her leave.

"Dont take it to heart, shes been in a mood all morning," Levy sighed looking up at Natsu. "I think she needs to stay away from magic for a while."

"Who needs to stay away from magic?"

Lisanna p.o.v

"Who needs to stay away from magic?" I repeated, popping my head into the conversation.

My plan was simple and perfect: persuade Natsu that Ive changed for the better and get close enough that he tells me all about Lucy and her connection to magic.

Then Ill destroy Lucy.

"Nobody," Levy said quickly. I narrowed my eyes forcing a smile on my face.

"I hope Lucy's okay," I gibed. "I'd hate for anything unfortunate to happen to her"

"Especially as she hasnt yet developed any abilities." I added.

Levy muttered something under her breath.

"Speaking of Lucy... maybe I'll check on her," Natsu started.

"Dont worry!" I cried, pulling him back. "Why dont I?"

Levy raised an eyebrow. "What could you possibly do to help Lucy?" She sassed, crossing her arms. "Haven't you done enough?"

"Its called being nice ," I seethed. "Or is it totally out of your vocabulary?"

Levy growled. Natsu pushed himself between us.

"Ugh whatevs," I sighed, pretending to yawn and sauntering into the opposite direction.

I'll find out what your up to Lucy, mark my words.

Natsu p.o.v

"I dont like that girl Natsu," Levy blustered. "Shes clearly up to something."

I shrugged. Ive known Lisanna since I could ride a bike- yes she could be a bit of a pain in the ass but she had her moments.

Lisanna wasnt totally incapable of human emotion- no matter how hard it is for you to vision it.

"Maybe shes changed?" I suggested.

Levy snorted as if I had said something so beneath me. "Your funny," he said, poking my chest.

"Lets go lover boy."

Lucy p.o.v

I sat under the bleachers, concealed from view - or so I had hoped. I pulled out my phone before dialing a number.

"Hello? Yes I know its only been an hour... no I havent fallen ill or in danger Im perfectly healthy," I rattled on.

Have  you got the crystals?

I rolled my eyes. "I tried, but they said... well LEVY said we should wait.... yes I acted up like you said but they insisted it was for my wellbeing or something."

"Yes yes, Ill get them by the end of the day," I sighed into the phone. "The dragon crystal will be ours and we will bring mother and magic back to where it belongs."

Home

I closed the phone, tucking it deep into my pockets before ducking out of the bleachers.

"Why you acting all suspicious?" A voice piped in front of me.

I froze, looking at Lisanna with her arms folded.
"Secret phone calls, magic appearing randomly and you and your friends disappearing every hour," she continued. "Your all acting suspicious."

"Why are you following me?" I asked for the second time that day.

"Duh, because I dont like you," Lisanna quipped. "And I want you gone."

I narrowed my eyes, folding my arms.

"Well thats a shame because im not going anywhere," I seethed.

Lisanna laughed, throwing her head back.

"Well we'll see about that, wont we," she smiled sickinenly. "Hope everything goes according to plan."

She sashayed away, my eyes burning through the back of her head.

Its obvious what I had to do. The goal always was to find the dragon crystals and bring mother back but now thats step two.

Step one was getting rid of Lisanna... and anyone else who dared stand in my way.