Chapter sixteen: The lost key

Author Note: Omg! OMG! I am so sorry to leave you guys on hold, I have a production of a hairspray commin up and I am Edna so I had to learn my lines in 4 weeks flat. Bruhh, talk about stressful. O course, I never forgot about you, to be truthful, I kinda ran out of ideas. Sorry! If you read a chapter sixteen which was completely different to this than I am please asking you to ask you to erase your memory of that chapter. It was completely wrong and irrelevant. I am so sorry if you read the other version of this chapter (which I have deleted) and I hope that you forgive me for wasting beautiful words as well as your precious time. x Sorry if this took a little while to post x

Lucy P.O.V

I plunged into the darkness as the door closed behind me. For a minute, I felt all alone and a little bit scared, but when I felt Levy's fingers intertwine with mine, I felt my confidence spark again. Suddenly the cave illuminated in lights. 

"Tell me you did that," muttered Levy. I shook my head slowly. There was something about the cave that made my body tingle.  

"Hey, look at this," Levy said, looking at a carving on the wall. I went over to where she was looking and read the carved letters, pronouncing it slowly. 

"Pro-perty of Ju-de Heart-Fillia."

My heart skipped a beat: Jude Heartfillia was my fathers name.  Why was my fathers name scraped in a hidden room in Fairytail Academy? Had this cave once belonged to him? Had he once went to Fairytail Academy? Did he have a connection with magic? I had so many questions that raced my mind that I started to feel dizzy. I walked towards a clearing and there was a mine box which was imbedded into the ground. Levy tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge. 

"Wait," I breathed. I blew over it and dust exploded from the box. I coughed and spluttered. I then dusted the final specs of dust before squinting at small print. 

"In memory of Layla Heartfillia," I whispered. 

Mom?

"This whole cave is dedicated to the Heartfillia company," Levy said. "Wonder whats in that box?" 

"Me too," I said. There seamed to be a lock. Lucy gently touched the keyhole and the box gleamed brightly. "What's happening?" 

"I thought you knew!"  

There was a large flash and out of nowhere the image of a mermaid with a blue tail appeared from the light.

The mermaid had blue hair and a golden crown round her head. Her tail shimmered of blue scales as she held a golden pot.

The mermaid turned around with the largest scowl on her face.

"I swear I'll KILL whoever woke me up this time!" The mermaid cried out angrily.

Lucy and I trembled in fear as the mermaid looked us up and down in a weird fashion.

"Your not Layla Heartfelia," said the mermaid a little calmer but in confusion.

Lucy took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"No," she said bravely, but I could hear the fear in her voice. "But she was my mother."

There was a short abrupt pause. Then the mermaid went up close to Lucy's face as if she was analysing her

Then she crossed her arms and drew back.

"You have your mother's eyes," she said bluntly.

Lucy was taken back and said nothing
Curious for answers, I decided to speak up.

"What are you?" I asked slowly, stepping forward.

The mermaid got pissed and turned her head away from me. "I'm a who not a what," she answered. "As for my name, its Aquarius."

"But you never answered my question," I asked tentatively.

The mermaid sighed. "I  am a Celestial spirit," Aquarius exclaimed. "See that key."

I looked towards where she was motioning. So did Lucy.

"Thats a celestial key."