chapter eighteen: Lucy the Celestial Wizard

Lucy p.o.v

I grinned at Nastu, flashing my golden key.

"Call me Lucy the Celestial Wizard," I said.

Natsu smiled at me. "See, I knew you had some magic in you."

Then I tilted my head sideways. Natsu's eyes wondered. "Natsu?"

Natsu looked at me and blinked. He seemed a little distracted. I sat next to him on the plump beanbag. I knew what was wrong. I had thought I was seeing things but now I knew for certain.

Lisanna was back.

"Hey, Natsu," I started. "I've been thinking, I really want to test my strength in this, I wanna learn more about magic, about you."

Natsu looked at me with his deep brown eyes. I looked away in embarrassment. "That is, if you'll help me?"

Natsu grinned. "Of course, Lucy, that's what friends are for!" 

*

Levy P.O.V

"The match against Sabretooth and Fairytail has been rescheduled to Tuesday," said Mirajane, sticking a poster on a bill board. "Due to all the magic going around, everyone needs a hance to settle down, you know."

Mirajane had her leg injured at a cheerleading practice. She was using crutches for about a week but looking at her now, her leg seems to be fine. With all the exercise Mira had been doing, it really made her leg stronger.

"How's your leg?" I asked her, as she finished plastering the final poster. 

Mirajane grinned at me, and picked up the pile of posters on the floor, turning into an arabesque position. 

"Its much better, thanks," Mirajane said. "All the extra physio exercise has really been doing me good."

It was good to hear. Lucy's been feeling really bad about the whole accident, blaming herself and she would hate herself is if Mirajane couldn't take part in the cheer. I offered Mirajane my help and she thanked me. 

"If Sabretooth were to find out about all of... this," Mirajane exclaimed. "We'd be disqualified for sure, but then there would be private investigators here."

She was right. So far, we only know that the people in Fairytail are the only ones who have magic, and nobody really knows why. 

"Maybe there's some sort of magical force, you know, that only allows he students who go here to have magic."

"Hmmm, maybe," Mirajane said, plastering another poster on the wall. "I thought about that, but then I realised that the transfer students didn't get any magic. So then I wondered if it was this."

She pulled up her skirt a little bit, causing some passing by guys to wolf whistle. The fairytail mark emblem was shown and it sparkled. The fairytail mark was given to anyone who attended Fairytail Academy, I had one on my hand. 

"So your saying anyone who has the fairytail mark will gain abilities?" I asked Mirajane. I stared at my fairytail mark. 

Mirajane nodded then frowned. "I ran out of tape, I'll have to run to the arts office t get some."

"Tape!" I cried. A roll of masking tape appeared in my hand, Mirajane stared in fascination.

"How did you do that?" she breathed. I was as confused as Mirajane. 

"I don't know, I just said the word "Tape" and it appeared out of nowhere,"  I insisted. Then my eyes widened. "Maybe that's my ability, hmm what shall I call it."

Mirajane took the tape from my hand as I pondered. "I'll call it Letter magic, because I like books and books have sentences and sentences have letters."

"I'm still interested in your idea though, about the magical energy source," I said. "Its bound to be somewhere in the school..."

Magical source. Where would you find a magical source?

Lucy P.O.V

"OPEN GATE OF THE WATER BEARER!" I yelled. "AQUARIUS!" 

I waved my key around but nothing happened. I collapsed in exhaustion. "I give up, I've been trying to open this gate ten times already but... NOTHING!"

Natsu chuckled. "Patience Lucy- good things come to those who wait."

I sighed. Right more like, boredom. 

"Hey, Natsu," I said slowly. "About Lisanna, I didn't mean to come in between you two." 

Natsu was confused. "What do you mean?"

"You know," I continued. "When you and Lisanna were dating, you loved her very much... its my fault probably that you guys broke up."

"I'm sorry, its all my fault, now Lisanna is really upset and probably hates me..."

I felt warm fingers press on my shoulders. Natsu gave me his cute smile. "Luce, I dont Love Lisanna anymore," he said. 

I sniffed. "You don't?" 

Natsu chuckled again. "No, so dont worry about it." 

Then I wondered, but I didn't want to. Maybe what Mirajane said earlier.... was true.