Chapter 35 • betrayal•

A/N : IM SORRY please be patient with me its exam season!!

Natsu p.o.v

"Shh shes coming act natural."

Lucy hovered over the table hesitantly, her dark eyes darting across the seats from Erza to Levy to Gajeel to Gray to Juvia to me. 

"Whats... going on?" Lucy faltered. Her eyes fell on Erza who was uncontrollably eating portions of dessert. "Whats up with Erza?"

Levy nudged her, who looked up from her plate and wiped the smeared frostng from her brow. She then mumbled something which was inaudible due to the contents in he mouth.

"Lucy we need to talk -" started Levy but was quickly interrupted.

"If its about the dragon crystals, I dont care about them anymore," Lucy said hurriedly. "I just want whats best-

"We're worried about you Lucy," Juvia intercepted.

Levy gave her a stern look but Juvia ignored it. "You've been sneaking off and acting weird," Juvia continued.

"I..." she paused. "We just want whats best- and thats protecting the dragon stone from falling into the wrong hands."

"The havoc it could create," Levy added. "If we released that energy ee wouldnt only be  releasing your mother if shes still alive but a whole war."

Lucy winced. "I..." she hesitated, her eyes falling on me.

Bump.

"Oops," shrilled a high pitched voice. "I almost didnt see you there."

Levy's eyes narrowed. "Cana." She hissed.

"Hey luce, we need to chat," Cana smiled coyly at us before dragging Lucy away.

"We arent just going to let Cana take her!" Levy protesed raising from her seat.

"I think Lucy has made her decision," Juvia muttered.

I felt eyes piercing my head. Memories flooded back to me : the war , dragons , fire , the screams...

I shook my head slowly.

"Natsu?"

I didnt want to allow myself to believe Lucy had truly fallen stray. But I couldnt imagine losing her - I had to do what was best for her.

"If shes not with us...

...then shes against us."

A/N
I know its short and i wantwd it to beoger i was planning 40 chapters but damn i need to hurry this along. Its currently 00:40 and i have an exam later on today. I just had to post smth for guys so sacrificed my sleep oh my mwah <3 oh oh i dont knkw when ill.post next but i do know that chapter 40/41 will be the last completed chapter and i will most likely update end up of exams in two weeks.

This has been one heck of a journey thanks for being patient with me. In the meantime you can check out my trilogy nalu book series 'We're not friends' franchise already had two full.books and a third in the making!

Please check it out. Ur support means the world to me ( cries herself to sleep).