Ch. 53 - In A Spiral

Start from the beginning

To say that I was severely stressed about Jade's kidnapping would be an understatement.

Vincent had never seen me look this distraught, and I knew that he was wondering how much longer before I would snap. But for Jade's sake, I was doing my best to keep myself together, for it would not do her any good if I were to spiral and lose control of myself.

Seeing my second in command enter, I quickly asked while continuing to pace in front of the windows, "Any news?"

Regrettably shaking his head, Vincent replied, "No, not yet but–"

Interrupting him, I shouted, "It's been over twenty-four hours now!"

"I know that, but what I was going to say was the fact that we haven't heard anything isn't completely bad. Once her body doesn't turn up anywhere, there's a chance that she's still alive," Vincent said, trying to calm me.

Rubbing my eyes, I stopped moving and sighed, "I suppose you're right, but I don't like feeling useless, Vincent. I'm at my wit's end already and it's only been a day!"

"I understand, but everyone is doing everything they can, it's not like you're sitting on your ass. You're no good to Jade if you fall apart, you need to get some rest so that you can keep a level head," he implored.

Dropping to sit in my chair behind my desk, I rested my elbows on the surface while my hands fisted in my hair once more as I closed my eyes and bent my head.

"I can't think about resting, I keep imaging what García might be doing to her. Lord alone knows what he intends to do. He did say he planned to keep her for himself..." my voice strained as I spoke, "What if he forces himself on her?"

I cringed as I thought about Jade having to do whatever it took to keep herself alive.

The thought of her having to give her body over to another man because I was too arrogant in my ability to keep her safe had me gasping for air.

Walking to one of the chairs opposite the desk, Vincent sat down, "Dominic, do you remember the first time we ever saw Jade? Do you remember what was on the tapes, with that piece of shit Enzo?"

Lifting my head, a tortured look passed across my face as I opened my eyes, "How could I forget."

"When we went to the hotel, we were expecting to find two broken children, and while Quin was the older one and should have been more composed, it was little Martha who kept it together for the both of them. Do you remember how she looked at you when you entered and pointed the gun at Enzo?" Vincent asked reminiscing.

A small smile played on my lips, "She was so brave, looking me dead in the eye."

"Exactly. She was fearless, even back then while she was trapped with that monster! She even bit his leg as if it were a piece of fried chicken! I mean, clearly she has a unique strength within her, even from back then," he said while looking at me.

Remembering how courageous she had been made my smile widen.

"And she was just a child back then. She's a woman now, with years of training! You can rest assured that she's even braver now and extremely deadly! There's no cage that can hold our Jade and there's nothing that José can do to break her spirit! To be honest, I almost feel sorry for the Cartel boss," Vincent chuckled softly.

At his words, I found myself laughing softly as well.

It was not a matter of me not having faith in Jade and her abilities. But more so that my distress was as a result of her being in such a situation in a first place.

One that could have been avoided.

Keeping his eyes on me, my second in command went on to say, "I'm pretty sure that Jade will have that poor Mexican eating out of the palm of her hands once she's given the chance. For all we know he's already fallen under her spell, especially after his confession about wanting to keep her for himself."

Grumbling softly, I said, "She'll never belong to another, she's mine! But I see what you're saying."

I exhaled and sat back in my chair.

After a few moments, I added, "Our Jade is indeed a survivor, I just rather we find her sooner rather than later. Especially before she's forced to do things that she doesn't want to. I know men like García, and I could hear it in his voice, he plans to make her his in every possible way and I know that Jade will go along with it if she thinks it's her best option."

Running a hand through my hair again, I thought about Jade and that fiery mouth of hers.

I knew all too well how bratty she could be sometimes as she enjoyed provoking me on occasion. Unfortunately, I knew that her rebellious nature would not be able to resist aggravating the Cartel boss. Jade had a habit of always wanting to test her boundaries to see what she could get away with.

A deeper frown creased my brow as I wondered how José would react to her rude replies.

Would the Mexican find them endearing as I often did, or would the Cartel boss force Jade to her knees, make her put her beautiful lips around him as punishment?

The image made me wheeze once again as I felt a crushing feeling stirring within my chest.

I was unable to stop myself from thinking about Jade having to sleep with José. With my eyes firmly shut once more, I tortured myself as I pictured her smooth legs being wrapped about the man's waist.

My face twisted as I visualised her being taken over and over again. A low whimpering growl softly escaped me as my blue eyes started to water behind my closed lids.

In that moment, I did not care that I was breaking down in front of Vincent. As I continued to drown myself in the illicit images, I heard him suddenly shouting at me, clearly seeing my various facial expressions.

"Don't think about that! We will get her back, Dominic; I know we will!" Vincent said with conviction as he swiftly got up.

Blinking my eyes repeatedly, I nodded as I looked up at him. Making a clicking sound with my mouth, I took a deep breath and shook my head, trying to erase the dark thoughts from my mind. No matter what, I knew that Jade would be able to take care of herself, and with that image in my head, I felt my own resolve strengthening.

"Alright, let's go visit O'Doherty, I need to see where his head is at," I said as I stood up.

Wrinkling his nose, Vincent commented, "Erm, you might want to go take a shower first, your clothes reek of smoke and blood."

Looking down at myself, I had not realised that I was still in my suit. It was the grey and purple one I had put on after my sexual mirror adventures with Jade. I supposed I did not want to change since this was the suit I had on the last time I had seen her.

Unfortunately, the material had long lost its scent of her. Now, I just smelled of smoke fumes and death.

It was obvious that I could not go to James in clothes stained with blood. I needed to freshen up and put on a brave face, especially given the ordeal the Irishman was going through. No matter what, I could not show him or anyone else for that matter how Jade's disappearance was affecting me.

I was Dominic Giano Calvetti!

Ruthless mafia boss, King of Aelbank City, and I would get revenge for us all!

Shaking my head, I mumbled as I got up to leave the room, "Fine! Go bring the car around in the meantime..."

As I walked up the stairs, I thought about the fact that Jade did not have her medication with her. Exhaling deeply, my brows creased at the knowledge of this.

In the back of my mind, I had to give Jade the benefit of the doubt that she would be able to keep things together. However, I knew that it would only be a matter of time before her behaviour would spiral out of control.

Without her pills, certain impulses of hers would resurface.

Shit!

In her outbursts, Jade might very well end up killing José before I could even get to her, therein signing her own death sentence.