xxxiv

december 24, 2015. england.

on the morning of louis' twenty-fourth birthday, harry wakes him early with an exceptional blowjob. they have to leave to go to doncaster soon to visit louis' family, so harry needed to give him his birthday sex early. this means that they had a very long night the day before, but harry still wanted to give louis a little bit more on his actual birthday. harry is fully aware that he is louis' favorite gift to unwrap, and he can't say he loves it any less.

at this point, louis would be one hundred percent okay with staying in bed with harry all day. he would be more than happy to oblige to the two of them entertaining each other in bed for as long as they can go. he feels so much bliss right now, he doesn't want to ever get up. they can't stay in bed forever, though. they are supposed to arrive in donny in just a few hours, so they really need to get going soon.

ever since the couple got married and their families became one big family, they have all spent the holidays in doncaster together. louis' family is by far the largest, so it is easiest for everyone else to meet up there. they arrive on louis' birthday and get to spend the rest of the day with each other. harry and louis spend the night in louis' old bedroom, while gemma, anne, and robin stay in a nearby hotel. they then get to all spend christmas day together, before parting ways and heading back home on boxing day.

it's their favorite tradition. their whole family doesn't get to meet up often, and the holidays are the best time of the year. the kids get so excited, and it is always when the band is on a short break from touring and dealing with management, so they are under so much less stress than usual.

it's a rare occasion away from the public eye and management where they can just be themselves. they have no image they have to uphold in front of their families, and there, they are loved even though they are together.

they never have to worry about facing judgement while around liam or niall, and zayn when he was still in the band, but besides them, they have to hide from most people. being in such a large group of people who love them is always a nice thing to be around.

eventually, louis and harry drag themselves out of bed and get ready for the day. they already have their bags packed with everything they're going to need while in doncaster, so that saves them some time.

harry rushes a little bit extra to get downstairs so he can make a birthday breakfast for his husband. he strongly believes that you cannot go wrong with pancakes and a nice kettle of tea. he made sure to get up a little earlier than necessary so he would have time to prepare a nice meal for his husband to start his day.

while harry cooks, louis steps outside to smoke his morning cigarette. he has gotten in the bad habit of going out to smoke before grabbing a coat, so he has to deal with the cold bitterness of the december air with nothing to keep him warm. he has a jumper on, as the kids all love his fun christmas jumpers when he sees them, but that definitely isn't good enough protection from the cold. usually, louis just ends up using this as an excuse for extra cuddles from harry once he gets back inside.

once his cigarette is burnt out, louis heads back in. harry is just getting off the phone with someone while in the process of flipping a pancake. louis walks behind him and slides his cold hands under his shirt, making him jump and nearly drop the pancake.

"stop that," harry groans, pushing louis' hands away.

"but my hands are cold," louis says with a giggle. "let me warm them up."

harry places down the spatula and turns around, grasping louis' hands in his. he brings them up to his lips to place a kiss on his icy fingertips. "i'm not the one who makes you go out without a coat on. you're lucky you haven't gotten sick yet."