xxii

may 5, 2015. england.

"wow, harry! this song turned out great!" louis exclaims once he and harry wrote the last lyric of their new song, perfect.

"i agree. it definitely has a chance to become a new fan favorite," harry says with a smile. "you're officially my favorite writer that i've ever worked with. i can't believe i haven't written one-on-one with you before this. you're a genius."

louis shrugs. "maybe it's because it's hard for me to look at you when you get all serious and into the song without me dropping to my knees in front of you."

harry rolls his eyes. "behave yourself," he scolds.

"you know that's not what you want,"
louis scoffs.

"you're right, but we're working."

"we're done working now," louis whines. "and we're literally in our house. no one can stop us," he climbs onto harry's lap flirtatiously.

harry shakes his head, trying to ignore his husband's advances. "we still have things to talk about, though. you can't get me too distracted just yet. what is the plan for finishing the instrumentals?"

"one of us can bring it to a writing session and work on it there. not a big deal," louis decides.

"and what are we going to tell management about this? we're not supposed to be together, remember," harry raises an eyebrow.

"we'll say that we wrote it in different places. over the phone or something," louis brushes off his concerns.

"will that work?" harry asks nervously.

"i don't see why not. they know we call each other. why would it be so crazy for us to write then too?" he asks.

"i guess you're right," harry agrees. no longer worrying, harry rests his forehead against louis'. "can we take this to the bedroom now?" he flirts.

louis pecks harry's nose, but pulls away directly after. "nope."

harry pouts. "why not?" he complains.

"i am taking you on a date," louis declares.

this puts a grin onto harry's face. "oh, really?"

"yes. we're going out to dinner," louis softly kisses harry again. "so you have to go put on something that makes your arse look good. we have to leave in an hour."

harry fake gasps. "you think my arse doesn't always look good?" he asks, pretending to be offended.

louis playfully nudges harry. "shut up, you know i do."

"and you're only giving me an hour to get ready? you don't understand how much of a hassle this hair is!" harry complains.

"you could always cut it off," louis shrugs. "but i do like running my hands through it," he says, doing just that. he even pulls it a little, just to rile harry up.

"quit teasing me," harry groans. "either do something about it or leave me alone," he pushes louis off of his lap and stands up. he stretches his arms up and allows his back and shoulders to crack, making louis cringe just a little.

"go get ready, love," louis encourages with a kiss.

harry complies and stalks off to their bedroom in search for an appropriate outfit to wear to dinner. louis follows, quickly choosing a pair of skinny jeans and a black button-up shirt.

"i'm going to go have a smoke. i'll be back in soon," louis announces, heading to the balcony as harry continues shuffling through his large closet.