xxiii

may 6, 2015. england.

"zayn has been working with other producers now? what the fuck happened to stepping back from the industry for his mental health?" louis rants angrily to harry after seeing a picture posted from naughty boy's twitter with him and zayn.

harry sits on his and louis' bed as he watches his husband pace back and forth across the bedroom. he has barely heard from zayn since he left tour, but he knows all about the falling out between him and louis. he knows how hurt his husband is. this must now seems like a stab in the back to him, which harry completely understands. still, he can recognize that louis is blowing this up a lot more than necessary.

"did we mean nothing to him? this doesn't exactly look like he's taking time to himself to recover and find himself. what a lying bastard," louis huffs.

"louis, he doesn't matter. just ignore him," harry requests. "getting all worked up over this is not going to help at all."

"what else am i supposed to do? sit here and be okay with that asshole ditching us and lying to us?" louis exclaims, throwing a pillow at the wall in frustration.

harry reaches out to hold onto louis' hand to stop him from being any more destructive. "you don't need to do anything. i know it sucks, but you don't need to be a part of it."

"of course i'm a part of it. we all are!" louis pulls his hand away from harry and uses his hands to cover his face. he takes a deep breath.

"forget about it, lou," harry advises. "getting angry is not going to help you at all."

"i'm going to tweet him," louis decides. when feeling low, louis has always had a bad habit of impulsively doing things he will probably end up regretting. the easiest way to justify doing stupid shit you know you shouldn't do is always when you're on the verge of a mental breakdown. the most common form of this for louis is reaching out to people he knows he probably shouldn't contact. he's not stupid, he knows how this is going to end, but he can't bring himself to care. most of louis' life lately has been a low, with the exception of harry, so louis is not surprised at all with this bad decision that popped into his head.

harry's head snaps up. "that's a bad idea. you should definitely not do that."

"i'm going to do it," he grabs his phone from where he threw it onto their bed and opens his twitter app. knowing there will be no way to convince louis otherwise, harry nervously watches as he composes the tweet.

"remember when you were 12 and you used to think those mac filters for your pictures were cool haha ! some people still do ha !"

louis instantly gets thousands of responses from fans. he knows he probably shouldn't have said something so publicly, and his response was very childish, but it's too late now. the tweet is out in the world and he'll just make management clean up his mess, like usual. they're the reasons why everything us screwed up anyway, so he might as well make their lives harder because of it.

shortly later, louis gets a notification that naughty boy responded, saying, "and some people can't even sing.. but who's complaining when there's auto tune eh" with the sunglasses emoji.

the anger takes over louis before the hurt does. just before this, he was finally starting to calm himself down and get into a normal conversation with harry, that was completely separate from the twitter feud that he is now a part of. this guy is such an asshole. it's pretty shitty to say something like that to someone, and louis knows that his dedicated fans will attack naughty boy over this. without thinking, louis tweets back, "jesus forgot you were such an in demand producer .... how does it feel to be riding on the back of someone else's career ?"